DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air with Litchi

JimS

Reactions
Anyone know if Mavic Air with work with the Litchi app to create waypoint routes? I'd like to use Litchi in conjunction with Google Earth to create complex waypoint routes.

The latest version (IOS) 2.1.1 from January 2018 does not have the Mavic Air listed.

Reactions: rider
Anyone know if Mavic Air with work with the Litchi app to create waypoint routes? I'd like to use Litchi in conjunction with Google Earth to create complex waypoint routes.
Even if it does work with Litchi, not sure I would want to be the beta tester and discover all its faults.

The latest version (IOS) 2.1.1 from January 2018 does not have the Mavic Air listed.
OK thanks. I saw in the Mavic Air specs that waypoints are supported, but I'll just have to wait and see if Litchi will support that.

I think it would be prudent to give it a good workout with DJI GO4 App first before thinking of complex waypoint routes

I'm a month into a 3 year time lapse of a new building project using my MP and Litchi using 4 set missions. I've resisted the MA so far but I'm so close to giving in now. My plan would be to buy an MA, sell my MP and buy the MP2 when it arrives but I would need to know if Litchi works with the MA so if anybody's feeling brave enough to try it out, I'll be really grateful!

As both of them run on the same app, you would have thought it would work eh?

Good news from from VC Technology (Litchi developers):

As soon as DJI adds support for Mavic Air in the DJI development kit (https://developer.dji.com/products/), we will then update Litchi with that new version and Litchi will support Mavic Air.
According to DJI, it will be added but we don't know when. At this time, we also do not know if all flight modes will be supported.

Thx Pedro, I’m thinking of selling one of my MP’s and getting an air but really want Litchi supported. Also, I fly a lot of Litchi missions over San Francisco Bay and doing Fog time lapses by the Golden Gate Bridge. I would love to hear about some of your Litchi time lapse missions. “Hi” to Ol’ Blighty-I’m half English! Cheers!

Hi mate,

I wish I had the same type of scenery available over here, I love San Francisco..

My time lapse will be a photo based one over 3 years as the development sprouts out the ground into a finished project. I've only 2 top down images so far so it's not interesting yet but it 'should' end up being amazing.

This is the site on my main YT account:

Secondary YT account:

I have owned the Xiro Xplorer, the Phantom 3+/ver. 2, and the Phantom 3 Advanced. I now have two Mavic Pros, a Phantom 4 Pro and a new Mavic Air. Everything except the Xiro has worked with the Litchi app - So, of course one of the first things I did when my Mavic Air arrived last month, was to try to launch it using the Litchi app. ...It wouldn't connect. It very briefly (for about 2 seconds) flashed a camera image on the screen - but then "glitched-out" and disconnected. I tried it on both an Android Galaxy Note 5 and a iPhone 7 Plus - Neither would connected. Litchi was engineered to support every pro-sumer DJI drone between the Phantom 2 to the Mavic Pro - So, rest assured that support for the Mavic Air will be included in a firmware update Very Soon..!

I am a new (two days) old Mavic Air user and quickly discovered the Litchi app for the tracking capabilities, and then quickly discovered how cool it is to import waypoints onto a map on my mac, import that into the app to fly the route. So cool.

Went to try it and quickly learned that the Mavic Air is not supported. Crushed!

Any idea at all when the Mavic Air might be compatible with Litchi?

I am a new (two days) old Mavic Air user and quickly discovered the Litchi app for the tracking capabilities, and then quickly discovered how cool it is to import waypoints onto a map on my mac, import that into the app to fly the route. So cool.

Went to try it and quickly learned that the Mavic Air is not supported. Crushed!

Any idea at all when the Mavic Air might be compatible with Litchi?

Read my post a few posts up..

I'm a month into a 3 year time lapse of a new building project using my MP and Litchi using 4 set missions. I've resisted the MA so far but I'm so close to giving in now. My plan would be to buy an MA, sell my MP and buy the MP2 when it arrives but I would need to know if Litchi works with the MA so if anybody's feeling brave enough to try it out, I'll be really grateful!

To note: I believe the camera’s Field of View for the Air and MP are different and might mess up your time lapse running same missions. I have the air and it’s a wider angle lens.

Reactions: Pedro
To note: I believe the camera’s Field of View for the Air and MP are different and might mess up your time lapse running same missions. I have the air and it’s a wider angle lens.

Thanks, yes you are quite right.. I'll have to experiment a little. The MP2 will no doubt also be different when that arrives. I may be on the MP3 by the time this project finishes. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive