DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air2s normal flight, on RTH, dropped into the sea.

You can't do much more than firstly mitigate the risk for gassing... meaning keeping the batteries above nominal voltage (storage voltage) as short time as possible (can mean that you don't wait for those 10 days it takes for the auto discharge function the batteries have). And never ever overheat the batteries (neither when they lay around or when flying).

Then secondly... regularly inspect them for swelling & if you notice even the slightest bulging you stop using them.

Also important to know that when a battery heats up a swelling can occur that then goes away when they cools down... so check for the swelling immediately when landed.

If you above all this, know that the battery attachment is sensitive + there is no available space between the drone & battery to take a small swelling during flight (like the Mavic 2 series) you can use something like below to strap the battery in so it doesn't gets dislodged.

View attachment 173173
Hi slup, do you have a link to that battery strap?

Just Google velcro battery strap & you should find tons of them, most RC stores have them.
I see that, but the ones you show I know work with the Air 2s as far as the length. Who makes them? I can't make out the name on your pic

I see that, but the ones you show I know work with the Air 2s as far as the length. Who makes them? I can't make out the name on your pic
Not a clue, the pic was taken out from a Google picture search (not even sure the pic was an Air 2s) & added to explain an easy concept that will add more safety.

Just wrap something around to get a length measurement, add on needed overlap & search for a strap that best match what you think you need in length, width & thickness... they are cheap in comparison, if unsure just buy some different models & try them out. Thinner single layer can usually be cut with a scissor without fraying. Many sturdier strap models intended to really strap down a generic LiPo pack hard on a FPV quad have a metal/plastic buckle & are sewn double layer, so not the best to just cut off, if you can't melt the open end together again... for an Air 2s it should work with a simpler one as the strap isn't the primary method of attachment, kind of the type in the earlier pic.

Not a clue, the pic was taken out from a Google picture search (not even sure the pic was an Air 2s) & added to explain an easy concept that will add more safety.

Just wrap something around to get a length measurement, add on needed overlap & search for a strap that best match what you think you need in length, width & thickness... they are cheap in comparison, if unsure just buy some different models & try them out. Thinner single layer can usually be cut with a scissor without fraying. Many sturdier strap models intended to really strap down a generic LiPo pack hard on a FPV quad have a metal/plastic buckle & are sewn double layer, so not the best to just cut off, if you can't melt the open end together again... for an Air 2s it should work with a simpler one as the strap isn't the primary method of attachment, kind of the type in the earlier pic.
Very good. OK, Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne