DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic camera swap to IR

Boomer2298

Reactions
Hello,

I am in the process of getting my first Mavic and my FAA lic. I was wondering if it is possible to swap the camera on the pro to a Flier duo when needed. My background is in EE and industrial control so I am confident (eyesight aside) that I should be able to do this if it is indeed possible.

Hello,

I am in the process of getting my first Mavic and my FAA lic. I was wondering if it is possible to swap the camera on the pro to a Flier duo when needed. My background is in EE and industrial control so I am confident (eyesight aside) that I should be able to do this if it is indeed possible.

While I don’t REALLY know I can tell you the firmware for the M2ED is substantially different from the other Mavic 2s so I doubt it. The hardware of the M2 and Mzoom are identical except the camera but the hardware on the M2Es are different from the regular M2s.

Better chance if you had the M2EZoom but still not sure.

It will fit mechanically but from what I saw on OriginalDobo Youtube channel (2 months back) it wont operate across Enterprise systems and the domestic usual M2P platform. I found the link here. Hope this helps. But yeah... seems like we both have the same wishlist... but guessing its for the higher craft like possibly P5??? and then the big boys....

Thanks,

I guess I will start out on the M2P and get practice. I was hoping to have multipurpose equipment. The nice thing with the DJI gear is its cost effective. So I will have an excuse to have more than one.

Reactions: Dur8an Poison

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty