DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller Battery Life...

Ive been annoyed that the RC charges my android phone. Good to know that it doesnt on the iOS devices....talk about a tremendously unnecessary feature!

Yes it is a big problem for me too I dont need it and would like to do without it. Not possible ??

Yes it is a big problem for me too I dont need it and would like to do without it. Not possible ??

I dont think its possible to disable this feature. Well I should say im disabling it by switching to a ipad mini 4 for flying ;)

My Mavic RC wont charge thru the bottom usb port either.

Its absolutely crazy that this would be set up to charge cell phone. you have 1 controller and maybe a tablet and cell.... Crazy. NEED FIX DJI Please

Hi all,

I have a question needing answered and fingers crossed someone can help. Today I set up and took off for a per flight test etc on drone battery #1 then changed the battery over for the "real" flight on battery #2, so drone:100% controller:87% what would happen if I wanted to use my last battery #3 would my controller last? How do you get round this if it doesn't last all #3 battery's?

Thanks
Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I can fly at least 5 batteries on one controller charge.

Same problem here. where do I find video caching on Samsung galaxy 7 edge, Thanks

On the iphone: hit the three dots in the top right corner (in the dji app after entering your device), go to 'general settings' (again the three dots in the bottom of the menu) and just above the 'warnings' you should see 'video cache' (cache during video shooting). Disable.

Charging my Android Galaxy S3 tablet drains the Remote controller battery dramatically.
after 45 minutes
No matter if i use the large or small USB port.
On the Android side I do not see any option of disabling charging (Except for disabling fast charging)

In next firmware charging phones should be turned off or at least an option.

Huib

I totally agree. Not necessary to charge my tablet or cell with my controller NO REASON at all

Charging my Android Galaxy S3 tablet drains the Remote controller battery dramatically.
after 45 minutes
No matter if i use the large or small USB port.
On the Android side I do not see any option of disabling charging (Except for disabling fast charging)

In next firmware charging phones should be turned off or at least an option.

Huib

Not sure it would work, but what if Android users were to only cut the #1 micro usb power cable? (See attached photo's). I know some cables are power only, but maybe data only also works with the Mavic blocking power drainage from the controller? I don't have an Android device or I would test it for you, but it can only cost you a cheap little cable! Good luck :)

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 36
With all respect about your technology know how, but cutting cables goes too far for me.

So this question remains for me: Who sells USB-C to USB-A data only cable ?

Calculation:
With Tablet S3 connected ,after one hour: 25% left
No tablet connected but Mavic pro of course connected, after an hour, not doing very much, app. 75% left.

So 50% for "charging" my tablet.

Brrrrr

*prays to the gods that next update has solved it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne