DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic controller issue -- PLEASE HELP!!

dahlg070

Reactions
Hi guys and gals.. I have been flying my mavic pro for close to a year now and started to have an issue today. Any help would be greatly helpful and appreciated. Thank you!!

Problem? the controller will turn on BUT will not charge and will not connect to a phone. I am certain it is the port on the controller and not the cord as I have tried many cords.
note: I was flying it today and it had an error that said something along the lines of "phone connection not working" while it was midair, yet it was responsive. So I brought the drone home and restarted it - the error went away so I launched it and no issue. Later that day I attempt to charge it and it will not take a charge from any cable I normally use AND doesn't connect to my phone for a test flight. I am convinced it is the charge port that is wonky. Any suggestions as to how one can go fixing this issue?

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far? many cords

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Huawei honor 6

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? latest firmware

What Go app version are you using? go app 4

Any modification?
(if so what) none

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) none

It's probably not worth repairing unless you open it yourself and check for a simple loose wire round the port.
Look out for a used controller, or use it as an excuse to update to Mavic 2 ?
The port gets a lot of wear even without abuse, and the slightly unusual shape means people have even managed to force a connector in upside down.

The " button board' which contains the usb charging port can be replaced.
Try 3rd party drone repair or purchase the part and diy.

You know that controller has 2 ports right? Try connecting your phone to USB port to see if it’s really the side port that’s the problem

You know that controller has 2 ports right? Try connecting your phone to USB port to see if it’s really the side port that’s the problem
I think the side port is required to charge the RC. Going to need fixed Methinks. Probably because of the ability to plug a usb c into the side upside down that often damages the connector( as mentioned earlier)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys