DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic DJI Mini SE firmware won't load

OttoRenkel

Reactions
Hello... new here and a novice on this great forum! I just purchased a Mavic DJI mini SE and have been unable in uploading its firmware via my iPhone. Made 4 attempts to no avail. Appreciate your help. Thank you

Hello from the Crossroads of America OttoRenkel.

Make sure the aircraft is powered up along with the remote and device.

Ensure you have a connection to the internet for downloading the firmware and when prompted, click to install the firmware to the Mini SE.

It should give a progress wheel with the time remaining to install.

The aircraft may beep and flash its lights as it's installing the package. It may stall a little towards the end but be patient. The app should tell you when it's complete and to restart the aircraft.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. 😎

Thank you for the welcome... made several attempts as you described still to no avail. The progress wheel stops at 41% and declared that it failed to update the firmware.

• Sad
Reactions: MA2 317
Why not trying using DJI Assistance 2? You need to do some tricks in order to work but is doable.

Edit: Here are the steps
Open "Program Files x86" in Windows.
Open "DJI Assistant".
Open "Default settings.
Change "Upgrade Enable" from 0 to 1.

[support]
list=wm161
[wm161]
upgrade_enable=1

Right click DJI Products folder and allow Full Control in the Security tab.

Reactions: DeltaDart
Hello... new here and a novice on this great forum! I just purchased a Mavic DJI mini SE and have been unable in uploading its firmware via my iPhone. Made 4 attempts to no avail. Appreciate your help. Thank you
Greetings from another brand-new Mini-SE owner! Mine is so new that it's not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow...

;-)

I'd greatly appreciated it if you could post your issues and experiences with getting the Mini-SE up and flying, and I'll do the same.

I'm an Android guy, so I probably won't have much insight into iOS issues.

Welcome to the Monkey House!

:cool:

TCS

Reactions: MA2 317
Thank you all for your assistance to a newbie... after soooo... many attempts regarding the installation of its firmware... it finally succumbed somehow! Working fine now and updated...learning to fly it it properly, etc. I would suggest that Mavic at least pre-install its firmware...where at a later date one can install some updates if needed. Many thanks to a great forum and member suggestion, THANK YOU!

Reactions: Aairon
Same story for me.
After headbutting a cliff (see attached) with my Mini1 I have bought the SE.
It wouldn't connect and indicated the Flysafe app needed updating and would stop at 40%
Chat to DJI help went around in circles.
Uploaded DJI Assistant 2 to the bird still no go.
Day 2 of help desk and finally I was given a link to upload new firmware for the DJI Fly app to my phone.
Bingo!
Same phone I had been using for the Mini1 but wasn't told it needed an upgrade!
Total lack of quality tech support.
Back in the saddle and ready to test my limits!

Attachments

• mapleton.jpg
    mapleton.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 11
Great support and suggestion here> THANK YOU all!

NOW: there are several battery set ups for the aircraft that you can charge ahead of time and bring along into the wilds. What about the controller... no extra batteries to tag along. One has to charge the controllers battery in my Van... true ???

Cheers...

Why not trying using DJI Assistance 2? You need to do some tricks in order to work but is doable.

Edit: Here are the steps
Open "Program Files x86" in Windows.
Open "DJI Assistant".
Open "Default settings.
Change "Upgrade Enable" from 0 to 1.

[support]
list=wm161
[wm161]
upgrade_enable=1

Right click DJI Products folder and allow Full Control in the Security tab.
Thank you, your trick allowed the DJI Asst 2 to see my Mini SE and update firmware as needed.

Reactions: Faster
Might have this query posted somewhere else here as I am still a pretty ignoramus, so excuse me. Haven't used the DJI MINI SE much, but do find the use of my clamp on iPhone as the video displayer on my Controller a bit cumbersome. Is there a controller that has a build in video that is/has definite compatibility for my DJI MINI SE?

Thank you

Reactions: Aairon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S