DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Flyers Group - Group Fly!!!

hookalakupua

Reactions
Hey everyone. I've been mulling this idea over in my head for the past few weeks and I'm now ready to jump in with both feet.

Given the massive explosion of participants currently with drones, along with the even greater numbers soon to be joining, what about forming a Drone Flyers Organization? Not necessarily something as grandiose as the NRA but something to bring us all together. With a political fight on the horizon, I was just thinking it might be something to consider. Even without a fight, it might be good to have in order to help try and not only govern ourselves but to also give insight to others.

Would love to hear thoughts on this as it may just be sleep deprivation speaking!

On another note, I was wondering if there might be any interest in a couple of group fly's for some of you. Have no idea what they would entail or what the logistics would look like but there are enough people on this forum with an IQ much higher than mine to sort that stuff out.

To at least initiate a discussion, I'll throw this out there:
  • June 9 and 10 or 10 and 11 - Scottsdale, Arizona. We can stay in town or maybe go camp up in Sedona or Flagstaff for a night or two.
  • July 15 and 16 - San Jose, California - Maybe hit San Francisco and the Bay Area or head to Napa.
  • July 19 and 20 - Denver, Colorado. Lets go hit some of the 14's and do some high altitude filming and flying!
  • July 26 - Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada - Probably one of the most epic places imaginable! Only bound by our imagination!
  • July 30 - San Diego, California - Who doesn't like San Diego!
Other places to consider:
  • Grand Tetons
  • Yosemite
  • Glacier National Park
  • Appalachians
  • Outer Banks
  • Boston
Ok, let the games begin!

I like the thought process and I'll definitely join in when you get this started...wonder if we have any attorneys that will chime in...we'll need some legal advice here i believe...

Reactions: hookalakupua
Great lets to to the national park to get all arrested as a group lol :)

Touché! I was actually using them as a reference as I believe most have surrounding areas that are accessible. This is where we'd need others to chime in with thoughts and experiences.
So does this mean you're in? Hahaha

I like the thought process and I'll definitely join in when you get this started...wonder if we have any attorneys that will chime in...we'll need some legal advice here i believe...

Great call. I'm sure there have got to be a handful here. Hopefully there will be some interest. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR