DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal restart mid flight.

jakejakey1208

Reactions
I received my Mavic a month ago, have had a blast flying it, but now it seems like every other flight I have an issue with the gimbal. The issue isn't major but it definitely scares me when it happens. What happens is occasionally I will get a no image transmission signal error, and the video will cut out for a moment. Then the video will come back, and it looks from the video like the gimbal is hanging loosely from a cable, but then the camera will stabilize, but with extreme horizon tilt. This also stops any active recording which leads me to believe it is a camera restart mid flight! Is this an issue with my drone? Did I receive a defective model? Or is this a common issue with the Mavic, that can be fixed with software updates. Any feedback is appreciated, and thanks for bearing through my post (sorry for any improper grammar, I am writing this on my phone.)

Yea sorry may not be 100% the same but similar outcome. I have had the issue a few times but not aware of what I did before the gimbal reset.

Reactions: jakejakey1208
Update: It appears this is caused by the new firmware, should I downgrade it? Or is DJI actively working on a fix?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy