DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal Ribbin Cable

EightyTu

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

Looks like I'm having a gimbal problem with my Mavic Pro.
I'm thinking its the gimbal ribbin cable. Just want to confirm before I start ordering :)
Would love any input!

Camera still works, I'm able to take photos/video, focusing works.
Everytime I start the Mavic it does the auto gimbal calibration but the gimbal always ends up looking down.
I tried to do a gimbal calibration using the DJI app it freezes at 5%.
While the drone is on the gimbal keeps doing the calibration.
Overhead warning, I can't control the gimbal pitch.

Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• 20181104_174913.jpg
    20181104_174913.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20181104_174941.jpg
    20181104_174941.jpg
    844.3 KB · Views: 20
Ahhh is that the problem?
I just ordered a new ribbon Rantow Flexible Gimbal PCB, should I cancel and get a DJI?

You can try to install that ribbon, and it might work. If it doesnt work, I can sell you one that does.

During installation, see if it calibrates. Be sure to watch it closely, and pull the battery if you see or smell smoke. When I install new ribbons, I dont put the top body back on until Im sure everything is working. It's easier to take internal component temperatures with my temp gun and also see if it smokes and where the smoke is coming from.

You can try to install that ribbon, and it might work. If it doesnt work, I can sell you one that does.

During installation, see if it calibrates. Be sure to watch it closely, and pull the battery if you see or smell smoke. When I install new ribbons, I dont put the top body back on until Im sure everything is working. It's easier to take internal component temperatures with my temp gun and also see if it smokes and where the smoke is coming from.

Thanks! If it doesn't work I'll hit you up.

What do you charge for a Ribbin/gimbal repair?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson