DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal Seizure, anybody seen this before?

next time dont smoke wacky weed,the gimble cant handle it:p

Reactions: VJRice
So, shipped back the Mavic on Tuesday afternoon, they received Wed morning. Approved return and shipped new one out Wed evening and received this morning (Friday), wow that's pretty good. Unfortunately got very windy and fricking cold by the time I got her charged up. Didn't update firmware yet, figured I would at least get a flight or two in before I pressed my luck. First flight scheduled for tomorrow morning, wish me luck

Reactions: coop64
It's funny how they advise everyone to update the FW to the latest when having any issues and then they ship out replacements with older FW.

I had a friend who started doing that after 9 months of flying perfectly. Dji refused warranty due to sone dents on the device that had nothing to do with that. Worst service ever!

Got Mavic Christmas Day, too cold and windy to fly so I took the time to hook everything up, checked app, did the dji test thing, etc. This morning i got up, figured i would do a trial run of the compass calibration and when I held the Mavic nose down the gimbal went fricking nuts.

I am having the EXACT same thing, in almost EVERY flight.
Please have a look on my topic and videos :
Gimbal Malfunction - (going crazy in all directions)

Dropbox - Vidéo 06-12-2017 15 21 53.mov

Dropbox - Vidéo 22-11-2017 10 48 56.mp4

When this happened to me for the first time, it was in the middle of a flight, I honestly thought some bird hit the drone and it was falling down with no chance to have it back. I contacted DJI SUPPORT by email, they advise me to do all calibrations possible, but still having the same problem on 90% of my flights and during these several minutes when it doesn't reach Home Point, I can assure you it's crazy ...
After trying and trying and explaining it all details by details, they finally refused this as a warranty problem. I am pretty sure this is something from them and not from me as I am really careful with my drone and I had no crash, flying with 0 problems for months ...

I had to pay 99€ for DJI CARE REFRESH, this is a really bad situation and they even don't care about it.
My opinion of DJI now => "Just pay or continue with your problem like this mate", ppfffffff ... Shame !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: VJRice
H
I had a friend who started doing that after 9 months of flying perfectly. Dji refused warranty due to sone dents on the device that had nothing to do with that. Worst service ever!
How is dji supposed to know that your friend did not drop it or something. They can't just fix everything and take people's word for it at no charge.

H

How is dji supposed to know that your friend did not drop it or something. They can't just fix everything and take people's word for it at no charge.

In my concern, all flight data and records they asked for in “repair” process were sent to them, so after seeing this and studying those data they perfectly know there was absolutely NO CRASH that cause this problem, videos of the problem were also sent in order that they can understood what is happening, but seeing their answers and repair process ending, they don’t care.

what can be done more than that ? -.-

In my concern, all flight data and records they asked for in “repair” process were sent to them, so after seeing this and studying those data they perfectly know there was absolutely NO CRASH that cause this problem, videos of the problem were also sent in order that they can understood what is happening, but seeing their answers and repair process ending, they don’t care.

what can be done more than that ? -.-
Yes, but it has scratches on it as you said. It could have simply been dropped while off. This won't show in the flight data.
I have seen damaged gimbals from being dropped while in a small soft case with the gimbal lock on.
Either way, I hope you get it fixed.

Got Mavic Christmas Day, too cold and windy to fly so I took the time to hook everything up, checked app, did the dji test thing, etc. This morning i got up, figured i would do a trial run of the compass calibration and when I held the Mavic nose down the gimbal went fricking nuts.

That's what mine did back at the end of November, had to call DJI customer service, they told me to send it back and they sent me a whole new unit, it has been working beautiful ever since.

Oh no, that's not good.

I had a mavic that had the mid flight gimbal reset problem. Looked like FW didn't matter. Tried .400 all the way up to .000 and it happened on all of those FWs.

I'm convinced that it's not FW related.

So anyone feeling pressured to update to the latest FW and losing the ability to downgrade again, I wouldn't recommend doing so until there is clear proof that the FW is correcting the fault.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax