DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic help in the (707)

TNitty

Reactions
Anybody willing to meet up and help me get this alpine white mavic setup to fly...sorry newbie here
Im located in vacaville ca. but willing to drive a bit out for help
Thnx in advance
Tony.

I have watched alot of videos.....but im still really not understanding..really need someone near me to give me hands on help

I have watched alot of videos.....but im still really not understanding..really need someone near me to give me hands on help

Ah right, maybe if you list out your issues and questions we can help you remotely

Well one of my issues are...i live 1/2 mile from a airport so i cant turn it on
So...i really just want to meet up locally with another mavic owner to help me out

Well one of my issues are...i live 1/2 mile from a airport so i cant turn it on
So...i really just want to meet up locally with another mavic owner to help me out
at 1/2 mile it's probably a red NFZ which cant be unlocked

Yes to nfz....do you live close by ? Wytnyt
im in virginia
take your time and familiarize yourself with everything,watch youtube vids and read the forum ,above all,DONT rush things
ive had my mavic a month and have yet to fly and wont till march

Maybe post over in the Regional Section for some assistance

Lots of things to do while you are waiting. Without flying you should be able to hook up your phone to the RC and turn the RC and MP on and get everything connected. That will allow you to play with all the control settings and with the camera. Keep watching youtube videos. For almost every function of the RC controller and the DJI GO4 app there will be a video demonstrating it. I don't know if the Mavic lets you turn the motors on and off in your NoFly Zone. (I'm at the edge of one and the controller gives me a warning but still lets me take off.)

A week or two of learning and playing with the controls without flying will serve well before your first flight. The DJI GO4 app even has a simulator function (I did not find that too useful, though).

Also download the Before You Fly and/or the Airmap app and become familiar with checking flight restrictions where you want to fly. Vacaville is at the north end of Travis Air Force Base where you definitely don't want to fly. Northeast is the local Nut Tree airport. Flying in that zone requires checking in with the airport before flying and you need be concerned about planes flying in and around that airport. But if you drive northwest a few miles you should be able to find some open farm fields for your first flights even if parks in that area don't allow drones.

You will see many forum and video posts about crashing. You will actually find the Mavic is pretty stable and easy to control if you fly carefully and stay initially away from trees and other obstacles. But other people's errors and comments will give you a knowledge base that you can apply to your own flying if something goes wrong.

Anybody willing to meet up and help me get this alpine white mavic setup to fly...sorry newbie here
Im located in vacaville ca. but willing to drive a bit out for help
Thnx in advance
Tony.
Tony how much have you done with it so far. I'm guessing you live near Travis in the nfz so you cant even test in a yard, right
i live up in Elk Grove and there's a place i fly off of hwy99 and grant line rd. back towards the Kaiser building on Bilby rd.
it is under construction there now but on the weekend no body is there. Some plane traffic so i don't go to high or far
but a good spot the practice.

I am in Moraga, and we have a school we fly at on the weekends. I would be more than glad to help give you a hand. ZERO NFZ issues, nice wide open field with other rc flyers planes a couple of jets, and some fpv'ers.
Yes, a bit of a drive, but for the first few flights, I am willing to meet up with you there and get you going.
Here is a link, Welcome to Moraga Heavenly Flyers (MHF'ers)! to the "club" for location etc. very informal.

You can pm me if you are interested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath