DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic is behaving badly.

I have attached a txt file.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-18_[10-07-46].txt
    726.1 KB · Views: 3
I had the same problem once. I could not get it to hover. It was because I took off close to metal. Are you taking off where there is metal? Metal roof? Concrete (metal rebar in concrete)? Metal nails on a deck maybe?
No metal anywhere. I flew a little today for just a few minutes and again after a bit started to circle. I did recalibrate the compass. Does fine for about 5 minutes and then it starts the circling.
As always, the doctor needs to investigate recorded flight data to get an idea what the actual problem is.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record (it's a .txt file) from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Here's what your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The flight record is full of speed errors, compass errors and yaw errors.

You were lucky not to lose the drone.
What was the surface you powered up on and launched from?
whoa! That is more like what the flight felt like. A constant fight for control. I powered up about 20 feet from my truck in a the mowed grass.

Strange that these errors don’t not appear on the screen in flight. Thank you very much btw this is a huge issue I will need to address. I recalibrated today and it behaved pretty much the same way.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-18_[10-07-46].txt
    726.1 KB · Views: 0
Strange that these errors don’t not appear on the screen in flight. Thank you very much btw this is a huge issue I will need to address. I recalibrated today and it behaved pretty much the same way.
Although forum people suggest it for almost anything, recalibrating the compass doesn't fix things.
Calibrating the compass simply gives the flight controller a measure of what magnetic fields are part of the drone so it can ignore them.
If you haven't modified your drone or changed it, that hasn't changed.

Those yaw errors are usually due to the compass being initialised somewhere in the magnetic field of a steel object.
It's worked out where north is but it's a false north because of the magnetic field that affected it during initialisation.
When you fly away from the magnetic field's influence and turn the drone, it knows it's turning but the compass is giving a false reading that is different from what the flight controller is expecting.
The drone then appears to do strange things trying to point where it should be and never getting there.

Magnetic watchband, smartwatch, smart cover (if using a tablet) can do things like this too, although rebar get the blame most of the time and is the fans favorite.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters