DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Loudness?

YorkshirePaul

Reactions
I'm on a refresh a mavic and am convinced the new unit is quite a lot louder in flight. Has anybody else with experience of multiple mavics noticed a difference in flight volume? Not sure if that's just how it is or if the refresh unit has an issue.

My original was almost unnoticeable at 30m but the new one seems to be a lot more noticeable

mine is also a refresh bird,sent in for repair and they sent me a new one ie different serial and build date of Feb this year,bought the original Mavic early Jan. Only flown a few times due to crap weather but all seems fine with mine.

I think mine got louder over time. Although sometimes it seems like it's whisper quiet.

I think mine got louder over time. Although sometimes it seems like it's whisper quiet.

Most of the noise coming from the Mavic is from the 4 spinning props. Not even necessarily from the motors themselves, but from the air turbulence caused by the prop thrust. This kind of noise is going to be influenced much more by atmospheric conditions than by which particular Mavic is turning the props.

Some evenings when the air is calm I can hear that thing from half a mile away. Other days it's hard to hear right over my head.

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Of your worried about it buy a new set of props. Perhaps one is out of spec and causing more air turbulence than normal.

Of your worried about it buy a new set of props. Perhaps one is out of spec and causing more air turbulence than normal.

That's a good idea. You could just throw on 4 new props and see if there is a change in noise level. But I have a hunch you will see even more difference in noise just comparing one day of flying to the next. Atmosphere plays a big role.

Reactions: knownbug
Well sometimes is that the props mightt be dirty. Grass, dirt sticked to the props can make the blades to create higher pitch sounds. Try cleanning them :) it migth help !

Thanks for the responses, it could well be atmospheric differences or just paranoia! The props are new, they came with the refresh

And one more point on this. There is a marked noise difference between flying in GPS mode and Sport mode. Sport mode lets those propellers really crank up. Keeping it in GPS mode not only conserves battery power, it also makes the Mavic stealthier in the sky.

I'm on a refresh a mavic and am convinced the new unit is quite a lot louder in flight. Has anybody else with experience of multiple mavics noticed a difference in flight volume? Not sure if that's just how it is or if the refresh unit has an issue.

My original was almost unnoticeable at 30m but the new one seems to be a lot more noticeable

Wind direction and speed and Mavic orientation in those various changed conditions will change the sound radically.

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa