DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 fly more combo (Custon Foam Cut)

Reactions
I'm searching for Mavic mini 2 fly more combo silhouettes (Drone, controler, charging hub etc) so I can cut the foams to build a custom case

Can anyone help me out?

So far o got this on skechup

Attachments

• mavic mini.zip
    86.6 KB · Views: 42
Do not download anything. Can be a virus. Lets confirm first.

My apologies but we you are posting a file in your very first message in the forum. I had to check was a valid file. Looks clean.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !

My apologies but we you are posting a file in your very first message in the forum. I had to check was a valid file. Looks clean.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !
No problem at all Zeusfl,

Just got it ordered and start looking for the info i need those cases are preatty expensives here in Brasil

So my only option is to do a custom one

Tks again and glad to be here

Reactions: zeusfl
try mycasebuilder.com i have used them to make and cut custom foams. they have a wide vast library of shapes. not sure on how to use them for your own. but worth a shot to see if they can be saved and used for you. if they dont have the mini 2 stuff the air 2 shares the same RC, and the mini 1 is basically the same sizes as mini 2

try mycasebuilder.com i have used them to make and cut custom foams. they have a wide vast library of shapes. not sure on how to use them for your own. but worth a shot to see if they can be saved and used for you. if they dont have the mini 2 stuff the air 2 shares the same RC, and the mini 1 is basically the same sizes as mini 2
Tks TruGreen

This is helping a lot

Reactions: TruGreen
Is is possible for your to create your own pattern Rodrigo? Do you not have the drone yet? What is the outer shell that you're using? Do you have the foam?

Reactions: RodrigoMonteiro
Is is possible for your to create your own pattern Rodrigo? Do you not have the drone yet? What is the outer shell that you're using? Do you have the foam?
Hi

The Drone will be delivered next week,

I'm using a hardcase dust and water proof,

Here is some pictures from it and some new pictures of the cut layout so far it will use 6 layers of closed cell polyethylene foam sheets or EVA dont know yet

I dont have the correct dimensions to the charging hub and the power but it is close, will adjust it when i get the drone

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-05 at 12.49.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-05 at 12.49.39.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-05 at 12.47.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-05 at 12.47.54.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Captura de tela 2020-12-06 110018.jpg
    Captura de tela 2020-12-06 110018.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 14
  • Captura de tela 2020-12-06 110027.jpg
    Captura de tela 2020-12-06 110027.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Captura de tela 2020-12-06 110000.jpg
    Captura de tela 2020-12-06 110000.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 14
I see what you're trying to do Rodrigo and that's fine. But perhaps you should wait to do any cutting before your drone arrives? You may create a better layout scheme on your own. Every case that I've had for my drones required modification of some sort. In the case of the Mini 2, because of the large controller I ended up doing a major case hack. It's not clean and made with the materials I had available including the insert from the ultra small case from my oriiginal Mini 1. I'm very happy with is the layered compartments which allows me to carry both the DJI stuff and additional accessories (i.e. strobes cables, lens hood, etc). I also created a compartment behind the lid foam for screen shade, USB-c cable and other thin accessories. I'll eventually replace the white foam when better foam becomes available (hopefully free with other packaging down the road).

I'm attaching photos of my hack in case you or anyone else might get some ideas from it- or help me improve my design. FWIW, the hard case is an Apache 2800 which I picked up from Harbor Freight Tools for $23 USD. It had pick-n-pluck foam which I did not use. Note that my Mini gets stored with the arm strobes remaining installed as I always fly with strobes; usually one on the bottom and the red/green on the arms.

Mini_CaseMods1.jpgMini_CaseMods2.jpg

Reactions: RodrigoMonteiro
I see what you're trying to do Rodrigo and that's fine. But perhaps you should wait to do any cutting before your drone arrives? You may create a better layout scheme on your own. Every case that I've had for my drones required modification of some sort. In the case of the Mini 2, because of the large controller I ended up doing a major case hack. It's not clean and made with the materials I had available including the insert from the ultra small case from my oriiginal Mini 1. I'm very happy with is the layered compartments which allows me to carry both the DJI stuff and additional accessories (i.e. strobes cables, lens hood, etc). I also created a compartment behind the lid foam for screen shade, USB-c cable and other thin accessories. I'll eventually replace the white foam when better foam becomes available (hopefully free with other packaging down the road).

I'm attaching photos of my hack in case you or anyone else might get some ideas from it- or help me improve my design. FWIW, the hard case is an Apache 2800 which I picked up from Harbor Freight Tools for $23 USD. It had pick-n-pluck foam which I did not use. Note that my Mini gets stored with the arm strobes remaining installed as I always fly with strobes; usually one on the bottom and the red/green on the arms.

View attachment 118653View attachment 118654
Sure, i will wait till the drone has arrived, just trying what i can fit in there

Lets see how it will turn out

its looking good to me soo far
you can also add storage space under the drone and remote depending on how deep your case is. you know like shallow cuts for spare parts, props, cables. stuff like that

its looking good to me soo far
you can also add storage space under the drone and remote depending on how deep your case is. you know like shallow cuts for spare parts, props, cables. stuff like that
That's the idea, I'm waiting for the drone to arrive to see what I can fit below.

The foam is 8.4 cm high

The Mavic mini is 5.7 cm tall

My current cut will have 5 cm so a litle bit of it will be over the top foam

below it i will have 2cm area to use for aditional store

I think I can put spare parts, cables and tools under controler

Something like this

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2020-12-06 214154.jpg
    Captura de tela 2020-12-06 214154.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Captura de tela 2020-12-06 214232.jpg
    Captura de tela 2020-12-06 214232.jpg