DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 2 have some of the same parts as mavic mini 1?

ihavequestions

Reactions
Does it have the same batteries? Can you also put it in the glass case and charge it in the glass case for the 1? I do understand the remote is different and probably not interchangeable. Which brings me to a side quesiton, can you pair the mavic mini 2 remote with the mavic air and vice versa?

Does it have the same batteries? Can you also put it in the glass case and charge it in the glass case for the 1? I do understand the remote is different and probably not interchangeable. Which brings me to a side quesiton, can you pair the mavic mini 2 remote with the mavic air and vice versa?
The mini's don't use the same batteries. The new remote uses ocusync 2 which is NOT compatible with the old mini. However it is the same as the controller for the Mavic Air 2.

The mini's don't use the same batteries. The new remote uses ocusync 2 which is NOT compatible with the old mini. However it is the same as the controller for the Mavic Air 2.
I was messaging with DJI this morning, the MM batteries are good to use with the MM2 per DJI, see my chat pics.

Attachments

• MM2_Battery_Prop's_Prop Guards.png
    MM2_Battery_Prop's_Prop Guards.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: mshmovie and zeusfl
I wonder what are the other parts of the Mini 1 that you can use as spares in the Mini 2?

Legs (front, rear or both)? Rear battery cover? Modules for the downward sensors and GPS? Others? ?

I just found in other threads that the MA2 received a firmware update to make its remote compatible with the MM2.

The two remotes do have different color LEDs, so that alone should have them with different part numbers, even if it is cosmetic.

Can the Mini 2 charge in the charging stand of the Mini 1? The fly more combo on the 1 works with the 2? Glad to hear the batteries are interchangeable. Helps not to buy more more more gear to support both.

I wonder if the no to prop guards is because of fit or other. Dimensions and radius same.
Weight is 0.4 grams difference. Would think they should work unless the attachment near the motors is a different fit.

I wonder what are the other parts of the Mini 1 that you can use as spares in the Mini 2?

Legs (front, rear or both)? Rear battery cover? Modules for the downward sensors and GPS? Others? ?
Have you found out which parts are compatible ? I need to order replacement parts and I need to know if: battery case is compatible and also the 3in1 flex (for gimball- gps - sensor to motherboard )

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS