DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 mainboard replacement

miketg

Reactions
Hi everybody. I'm replacing the mainboard on a mavic mini 2 and I found that there was black metalised tape stack on the underside and the sides of the main body. It looks as though it was used as heatsink for the components on the under side. Looking around on mainboard replacement info, there's no mention about it. Is it fitted to all mini 2 models or maybe to some? Any ideas any body and if needed do you know of supplier?

Hi everybody. I'm replacing the mainboard on a mavic mini 2 and I found that there was black metalised tape stack on the underside and the sides of the main body. It looks as though it was used as heatsink for the components on the under side. Looking around on mainboard replacement info, there's no mention about it. Is it fitted to all mini 2 models or maybe to some? Any ideas any body and if needed do you know of supplier?
This is YouTube video that May help ? If not search YouTube.

Thanks mini 2 mnbd,jpg.JPGfor the YouTube and I've seen most of the videos and I have attached a picture showing the tape. It seems that the one I have is the only one with that tape. Have a look at the pictures and suggestions. I'll replace the mainboard without it and hope for the best.

Curious as to why it needs replacing ...not under warranty?....I had a guy in Seattle do some work on a Phantom....including adding some material as a heat sink on the video module...if you want his contact info PM me and I will get it to you

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I live in the UK and I didn't have extra care because I always took good care of my Mavics. This time I lent it to a friend and he landed it in a pool of water that also happened to be saltwater. A lesson to be learned. I managed to find a used one and hope for the best. Since none of the mini 2 videos on YouTube don't show anything about this tape I'll replace it without and hope for the best,

@miketg how it goes? Do you have issue without that black heatsink? Have you found more information about it? I am guessing it might be kind of shield between GPS module and main board. How’s the drone GPS and RC signal strength without that black tape(heatsink).

Thanks for coming back to me. In the end, I gave up and bought a brand new mini 2. The only problem I had recently is that because there was no internet in the bush in Zambia I could not login to my account and I could only fly at a very limited distance and height. Lost a lot of beautiful scenery and animals because of that. No problem with my Mavic pro the previous year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom