DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 2 with possible Ocusync

Hi All ,

Can I just ask for bit of advice please guys , I have just bought the mavic mini fly combo , now with the mini 2 coming out with rumours of Ocusync, .

Main Question is does Ocusync work with a mobile phone or will I need a new remote control , and am therefore better off keeping my mm1 or outlaying £579 for the DJI Ocusync remote.

Sorry for being so naive, still new to the drone world.
Thanks for any advice/info

Happy Flying
Sorry but...
Don't be sorry for not knowing something because you are new.
That's part of being new! ?

Reactions: Tobbias
Thanks for the reply,

I am based in UK so have the CE model and although appreciate the rules of flying to a he view of the eye have heard that with the lower power reception you can loose reception from as little as 500mtr .

I have seen that a set of parabolic reflectors help with reception so was considering these to boost reception whilst still obeying line of sight-on the drone .

Thanks again , think the mm1 looks a great start drone but didn’t want to get left behind for sake of few £ more
Better to wait a bit for the MM2. As you are in a CE country the ocysync on the MM2 (if it happens) will be a massive improvement.

Reactions: Oakley75
I think the fly more at the recent $399 sale price is still a good deal, even with the Mini 2 looming on the horizon. I have an Air 2 that I love, but picked up a mini for flying around the house and out front. Mainly it will be for practice and for fun, but also because a smaller drone won' make the neighbors as nervous. I think the mini will retain enough value, even after the MM2 comes out, that I can still sell it for a decent amount if I find I want the newer one, or decide it isn't getting used enough.

I also wanted to introduce my 9 year old and 7 year old to flying. I got them a Tello, but it really isn't much more than a toy, so they may have more interest with the MM2.

I can tell you this, a new Mavic Mini 2 with the fly more combo won't be selling for $399, that's for sure, so I'm sure you could even make a case for the existence of both bundles. DJI did a smart thing letting Amazon blow the MM2 bundle out. Right about Xmas time there will be 250,000 new MM owners contemplating the MA2 or the M2 Pro after realizing the MM limitations.
From Adorama site it seems the fly more combo will be 600$and the fine itself 450$. Given the deal in the mini 1 maybe the upgrades aren't so important?

For me I don't need 4k. Ocusync would be nice but if I am flying VLOS then don't need a stronger connection.
Only thing I would want would be stronger motors for wind as that would improve the flying characteristics. Also more flight moves like active track and obstacle avoidance.

I will keep my mini combo unopened for another week. By then the leaks should help us know better what actual features it has. If it is just 4k and ocusync I'll keep my better priced mini.

Also I am in Canada so asub 250 gram drone is key for me as I have no significant flight restrictions or pilot exams to take.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121