DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini (A Look Inside)

The only document I could find is this: Product Specification | PDF Host
It looks like the Atheros has it's own amplifier, so this might be the way they're doing it.
just email those guys and ask
[email protected]

i bet they will provide you the info you want to know.

just email those guys and ask
[email protected]

i bet they will provide you the info you want to know.
I asked on another cites, but without results. I bad speak Englis, may be it's reason. If it possible, please, ask They about datasheet.

Based on this video
It looks like the FCC version just disables the 5.8Ghz amplifier on the SKY chip if it sees GPS coordinates outside of EU.
If someone can check the logical level of pin 6 on a FCC version first in US and then fakeGPS to EU. If it changes from 1 to 0 then a simple permanent hardware fix would be to jumper pin 6 to 3.3V VCC somewhere on the board. This will permanently force full power on the SKY chip. Someone more experienced in electronics to correct me if I'm wrong.

View attachment 86829
Careful. Logic state 0 is usually active ground. If you put 3.3v VCC to that pin while the source is applying ground for logic 0, you won't achieve your objective, and at best wasting power, at worst creating a short though the chip providing the input.

Careful. Logic state 0 is usually active ground. If you put 3.3v VCC to that pin while the source is applying ground for logic 0, you won't achieve your objective, and at best wasting power, at worst creating a short though the chip providing the input.
You are absolutely right. Without analyse a circuit, put 0 or VCC to the work PIN, it can damage chip. May be need remove any resistor or drop any wire, but need analyse the circuit before.

Everybody talking about drone, but guys, remote controller should also have sone differences!!!! If somebody have photos-please share

Reactions: av80r
Thank You for photo. Very strange, why Skyworks | Home does not know about 746 chips... And how to find datasheet for it?
You need to allow for the fact that the chip might not be sourced from skyworks.

The mavic2 image processor has a big H3 plastered on it however it isn't supplied by Amberella.

A lot of these Chinese companies go to third parties for an almost as good but for a lot less money solution on major components. It may well be a good enough rip off of the skyworks IP that it is pin compatible.

You need to allow for the fact that the chip might not be sourced from skyworks.

The mavic2 image processor has a big H3 plastered on it however it isn't supplied by Amberella.

A lot of these Chinese companies go to third parties for an almost as good but for a lot less money solution on major components. It may well be a good enough rip off of the skyworks IP that it is pin compatible.
I think, that all differents with SKY85748-11 is 5V and 18dbm and its pin to pin compatible.

That is what I did... Currently I'm using lg 3000mah 18650 20amp cells.... I tried replacing the original battery 18650 cells and the bms died.... I was successful at this on my first go around , so not sure why my second didn't work. If I can replace the cells in the stock battery pack like I did before, 40+ min will be easily achieved. We will see what I come up with.

Here's the link

If "BMS died" still relevant. Some videos:
where man restore battery form Mavic AIR. May be help to You with Mini, may be no...

Hi guys.

Living in Europa and have to make a choice between FCC and CE Mini.
I think an FCC is a better choice cause hardware is able to handle 1W but it's a bet on an unknown future mod not found at this time.

Today, I'm pretty sure FakeGPS is a bad trick cause you can fool the remote control but not the drone.
And having a 1W remote with 25mW drone is useless imho.

Additionally, DJI could easily make an update that could block any fly if remote and drone aren't localized in the same area.

So I can actively participate to this thread with tests and photos (I have some skills in electronic) if some of you are really interested to hack the full power on remote AND M.Mini in Europa.

Otherwise, I'll buy locally a CE model already at the max low CE power but with 2.4GHz to compensate.

Happy new year.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all information!
Has anyone tried to power an external 3.6V device on the Mini using the standard battery? I can think of several options:
1) solder power leads directly to one of the battery cells (which one?) ;
2) solder power leads to the inside pads of the drone's battery connector;
3) use the 3V6 and GND marked pads on the main board;
4) any other good connection point?
I need only about 50-100 ma, so the wires can be fairly thin, unlike the motor wires. Presumably they can be routed to the outside using the cooling air slots.
Any advice is appreciated!

Hi,
I prepared photo my CE version of RC commander::
(Interesting is the TX chips are without paste.)

Attachments

• P1090124b.jpg
    P1090124b.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99