DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini A71/Z Flip Android phone compatibility

mrcurlywhirly

Reactions
Hi All,
I'm in the process of picking a new mobile phone, my ancient J5 is unable to run the DJI Fly app - even though running v6.0.1 Android.
I have the Samsung A71 and Z Flip on my short list, though whichever one chosen needs to be compatible with the Mavic Mini. I know DJI has their list of compatible phones, and have seen a few other threads discussing what works and what doesn't, however the Z Flip seems to not be mentioned.

It appears unofficially the Samsung A71 has no issues, however I was thinking about a Samsung Z Flip, and other than a single query on this forum, there is no information on this models compatibility.
The Z Flip should be more than capable of running the DJI app, it has more grunt than an A71, and runs Android 10 on 64 bit architecture. Can anybody confirm this works well with the mini? Is anybody out there using a Samsung Z Flip 4g with their Mavic Mini and DJI Fly app?
Cheers,

It works on the S20 FE. Admittedly I didn't fly with it, but I did run the app after finding it doesn't work with the Tello. No video there.

Perhaps a store will let you test at the store with one of their display demos to at least see if you get video and telemetry.

Thanks for the feedback, Z Flip compatibility can remain a mystery!
I did consider it, though steered away from the FE, with my choice between the Z Flip and the A71 - both 6.7" screens. I purchased an A71 as of this week, can do without the potential Flip screen cracking..
Couldn't be happier with it at the moment, though only time will tell. The DJI FlyApp loaded up with no problem, I didnt really expect any problem with the A71 - only the Flip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr