DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini and rth

Shadowcatcher

Reactions
Brand new to drones, really excited about the concept. Made a post yesterday about downloading a tab A but it must have been a dumb question.
New question, if I fly my drone say four hundred yard's out of a cove on to a lake, fly left several hundred yard's but out of the line of sight and my phone disconnects or my controller dies, will RTH bring my drone back the exact same path, say from the left on the lake and then right into the cove to its landing pad, or will the drone try to return in a direct line?
I know there's a lot to learn, but I do know this is the site to go to for answers.
Thanks

The drone will not return on same path.

The drone will ascend to the preset RTH altitude and direct return. If the drone is higher than the preset RTH it will maintain that altitude and direct return.

Preset your RTH before every flight high enough to clear all obstacles.

There are many good RTH explanation videos on YouTube. Check them out.

Brand new to drones, really excited about the concept. Made a post yesterday about downloading a tab A but it must have been a dumb question.
New question, if I fly my drone say four hundred yard's out of a cove on to a lake, fly left several hundred yard's but out of the line of sight and my phone disconnects or my controller dies, will RTH bring my drone back the exact same path, say from the left on the lake and then right into the cove to its landing pad, or will the drone try to return in a direct line?
I know there's a lot to learn, but I do know this is the site to go to for answers.
Thanks
As per the reply above but since it is illegal to fly out of line of sight anyway, you should have no issue other than setting your RTH height appropriately

RTH might be a wonderful get me out of trouble mode,but really you should be learning how to fly manually using the small map display ,along with the orientation display in the app,as good as RTH is for getting the drone back home,it is also very good at crashing or loosing the drone because it was too windy or the drone was to low to clear tall obstacles on its way back

I would just add that in one of the Mavic Air RTH modes, it will retrace it’s original path. This is NOT so for the Mini. So if you see posts talking about retracing, make note of the model they are discussing.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada