DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini and Vibration

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I've noticed that there is more vibration on the forward legs of the mavic mini compared with the rear legs by lightly touching it while in flight.

Has anyone noticed the same?

I wonder if it is expected behaviour or something particular to my drone...

Propellers are all from the same set, brand new original DJI, and no blades are mixed.

Vic :)

try a very small piece of masking tape on one of the blades on a front motor in turn and see if it makes any difference put it half way along the blade on the top and try it with each blade in turn be very careful when you touch the arms that the blades dont make contact with you

Is it both front arms? Just for completeness do the blades swing on their pivots under solely the influence of gravity? That should be through all their possible travel.

Could it be that the additional felt vibrations are due to the additional length of the front legs vs the back? It seems to me that the back leg have very little vibrating surface in comparison. Just a thought.

the front arms of the MM, are no doubt about it much more flexible than the rear arms
this is because they do not have a rigid back on them only the flexible foam insert , which does not add any real strength to the arm
i had issues with prop strikes to the front body of the drone, when i first had it, and i put it down to the flex in the front arms
i cured it by adding a thin strip of plastic to the back of the arm, super glued in place along the back edge of the arm
this has made the front arms as stiff as the rear ones, and since i did the mod i have had no further prop strikes
just for interest, i used an old bank card to make the stiffeners, it was easy to cut to shape and very light weight

The blades swing on their pivots under the force of gravity much like they did when the drone was new.

Hmm, I'll give tape-balancing a try. Vibration is not strong enough to affect video, as the gimbal mounts do absorb it quite well, but since I'm quite the perfectionist I would like it to be balanced.
I wonder if flight characteristics improve after proper balancing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC