DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini at Mexican Hat, Utah

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beautiful place! Very nice shots! Also, I bet that is a place you want to go back and do another set.... so many options there....

whats that water drop transition your using from?

That is one of the most interesting natural sites I've ever seen in the USA. WOW! I appreciate you sharing this. I hope you can go back and shoot some more. I assume it is not federal park land. Just a suggestion, remember to keep your moves as smooth as possible, especially tilts. Slow is good, especially on pans. A POI CU shot of that 'Mexican Hat" would be great...360 around it. Your best short was when you went toward that group of "hats", then gained altitude to reveal that beautiful vista behind it. Stunning!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great video! Southern Utah and the desert southwest has some beautiful landscapes. Loved the soundtrack choice too!

Thanks folks. The water drop transition is one of many available on iMovie on my MacBook. I've had the Mini close to 3 weeks now and around 30 flights so far, I have a lot to learn still this being my first drone. One thing I have changed since this video was taken is the stock Gimbal settings, they were way to fast and jerky and I have slowed them down and softened them since so that should help. My wife and I boondock camped for a week mostly on BLM or National forests and no issues with flying drones in those areas. We did spend 2 days exploring Canyonlands N.P. and no drones allowed there of course. However there were many areas just outside the N.P. where I was able to drone. Fantastic landscapes over most of Utah, probably the prettiest state in the U.S., or maybe a toss up between Hawaii and Utah. We will be in Hawaii (Big Island) in December and looking forward to bringing the Mini along. If the weather cools we may head up to Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Biggest problem having the Mini along is I'm constantly temped to pull off the side of the road to video interesting landscapes! I have more video to edit and post from our trip, including a Geyser that just happened to erupt near our camp and got some good footage of that as well. Will edit and post soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archanut