DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Battery & Fly Modes Help

NathanH90

Reactions
Hi Guys

So I'm almost a week into owning a Mavic Mini and I've unfortunately not really had the chance to try it outside much due to work and windy weather! However, I have managed to try the Mavic Mini inside the house and also briefly outside for a few minutes. I've noticed that the battery seems to go down really fast? Almost a couple of minutes into flight and one of the battery LED indicators is already flashing that the battery is about to go down to 3 LED's. I'm just wondering if this is normal? This is without the propeller guards on too, so payload mode isn't enabled.

I was also wondering how do I access the pre programmed flight modes? Do I need to have an SD card inserted for this as there's no option coming up to even select 2.7k to go into the pre programmed flight modes.

Sorry for sounding like a complete amateur/beginner - but I literally am!

Thanks in advance!

Nathan :)

You'll need an SD card to take any video. The preprogrammed flight modes all are for taking video so you probably can't access them without the SD card.

Difficult to know regarding the battery, though you should be able to get 18 to 20 mins or more from a battery before it gets to 20% and the low battery warning pops up on screen.

If using prop guards then that is where your battery is going. Also if you have not added the payload weight in settings.

With regards to the battery indicators... Three solid lights and one flashing light means that you have between 75% and 88% charge remaining. If that fourth light just started flashing you are at the upper area of that range, i.e. 88%. If this is a couple of minutes into the flight then you're doing alright. The owners manual details this for all possible combinations of solid and flashing lights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk