DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI CAPABILITIES AND NFZ

Alotofbigtoys

Reactions
Im thinking about purchasing the new Mavic Mini, but I'm here in Nyc. most of which is governed by a No Fly Zone or geofence. Does it have same rules as regular sized Mavic would regarding nfz? I would be be flying it inside,but not going to buy it if I need a token every time I use it in my home. Also wondering about its range, is it the same height and distance parameters as its bigger cousins?

Im thinking about purchasing the new Mavic Mini, but I'm here in Nyc. most of which is governed by a No Fly Zone or geofence. Does it have same rules as regular sized Mavic would regarding nfz? I would be be flying it inside,but not going to buy it if I need a token every time I use it in my home. Also wondering about its range, is it the same height and distance parameters as its bigger cousins?
  • All of the same FAA rules and regulations apply to the MM when flying outdoors.
  • If you are flying indoors, you won't be limited by NFZ locks as long as the MM does not pick up a GPS signal. If it does manage to pick up a GPS signal, then yes it will also be subject to the same geo-fence restrictions.
  • Please note however that not all of NYC is in a NFZ. It really depends on where you are. Check the maps.
  • No the MM will never get the same range as the Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 Pro. The MM uses WiFi and that is much more limited, especially when flying in urban areas with a high concentration of WiFi devices.

Ok. I am speaking from experience. I have a few Mavics, and they dont work in house either,picks up NFZ in or out. All of eastern Queens has geofence. So I still need questions answered if anyone knows. The only way I fly in doors is with nolimitdrones software in my birds.I cant put nolimitdrones software on the mini as its not available and never will be.

Ok. I am speaking from experience. I have a few Mavics, and they dont work in house either,picks up NFZ in or out. All of eastern Queens has geofence. So I still need questions answered if anyone knows. The only way I fly in doors is with nolimitdrones software in my birds.I cant put nolimitdrones software on the mini as its not available and never will be.
@PhantomFandom answered all of your questions.

Get you a Autel Evo so you can fly were ever you want with out going to crazy.Thats why I fly Autel now I hate the geofencing.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan