Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic Mini Charging Voltage for Fly more Charger

BenF

Reaction score
First thing I did was to put it on the DJI charger with a Voltage/Amp reader.
I was expecting 5Volts charging voltage, but its 12.1 Volts at 1.47 Amps!
So... I wonder what the DJI charger does with normal USB devices?
Mavic Mini Batteries Charging.jpg

BlueGhost

Reaction score
I think that is pretty standard for quick charging, phone and power bricks do the same. High volts low amps, but if the device isn't capable of quick charging, it should put out the normal 5 volts.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The overall concern is watts, which is volts x amps. The higher the volts, the less amps for a given wattage.

Now why do we care if we up the voltage rather than amps? Two reasons:
Too much amps through a wire will burn it out.
Wires have a small but finite resistance. As you push more amps through a resistance the more voltage and ultimately wattage is lost through the resistance.

This is why your stove, oven, AC, electric clothes drier and water heater typically runs on 240v.

So to get more watts to charge the battery with small USB wires, QC and iSmart use higher voltages.

QC uses 5v, 9v, and 12v.

Basing the results you show in your picture, you're delivering 17.8W.
At 5v, you'd be drawing 3.55A for the same amount of watts.

old man mavic

Fly safe,Fly responsibly,Fly happy
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
also it looks like the cables supplied from the wall unit to the hub are thicker to be able to carry the higher load

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Maybe, but most cables except very cheap ones can handle 2A, definitely 1A.

Mori55

Reaction score
So if I want to buy a wall charger to charge the hub and controller at the same time that’s comparable to the dji charger what one should I get ?

BenF

Reaction score
So if I want to buy a wall charger to charge the hub and controller at the same time that’s comparable to the dji charger what one should I get ?
I don't think the remote controller is a quick charge. Maybe it is. Would be easy enough to find out.
I charge the remote controller with a normal USB 5V charger. The MM can also be charged with a normal 5Volt charger also, but it will just take longer.
My Volt/Amp device has two USB ports on it. Not sure if plugging the controller into the second USB port while at 12 volts will hurt the controller. If the controller can handle 12 volts, then it would probably be ok. If not, then the controller will get fried.
The DJI charger stays at 5 volts when I charge other things, like a GoPro battery, etc.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I would hope that monitor would not have both USB ports tied directly to each other. Each QC device/charger pair should negotiate voltage independently.

est73

Reaction score
I don't think the remote controller is a quick charge. Maybe it is. Would be easy enough to find out.
It does... the rate the lights blink changes just like the battery hub when you use the quick charger vs a standard charger.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
will40