DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Choppy video

alopeznj

Reactions
I have notices that my Mini video is a bit choppy. Especially when traveling fast or making turns. Is there a preferred video setting to make a smoother video ?

I have notices that my Mini video is a bit choppy. Especially when traveling fast or making turns. Is there a preferred video setting to make a smoother video ?
Set it at 1080 60 FPS see if your video is still "Choppy" if so report back :)

Set it at 1080 60 FPS see if your video is still "Choppy" if so report back :)
Thanks. not good at this. Bad weather so I will try in a few days. 1080 at 60. I use the default 27k. maybe that's the problem.
Thank you for the quick response.

If really bright conditions, you may want to try a ND filter. Do a search on ND filters but it can be a little technical. Best wishes.

It could be your playback device/computer also, even if your capture was perfect
Yes, this was what I wanted to confirm with the setting lowered down to 1080. My old laptop wouldn't play anything above 1080 60, but played that fine. If it stuttered at 1080...well he has issues :p I would have recommended to go to windows classic viewer to shoot that further...time will tell. :)

I think you all have a point. As for computers .. I have 5 Mac's and 11 PC's lenovo (don't ask) and all the same. Maybe dropping down to 1080 is the trick. I'm using defaults 2.7
specifically. Drop to 1080 and what else. Sorry I am an not very smart at this. Drop to 1080 and change any other video settings ? I can fly, use cinema mode.Thanks Thomas and Team.

Last edited:
You nailed it @Repaid1 . A little grainy but not choppy at all. Thanks. It was also a little dark on this flight (sundown) and even my Cannon has trouble in that kind of light without an F1 or F2 lense. And.. the Mac I am using today is a Macbook Air 2012. Video looks great at 1080.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSPencer