DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Controller turns off when connecting to S20+

sergio.paro

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a Mavic Mini and I use a S20+ to connect to controller. Recently I am facing this problem (controller turns off when connecting the cable to the phone) as you can see in the following video.

I've tested a different cable and the issue still persists. I briefly connected the controller to another phone (micro-USB port) and the controller didn't turn off. So, I think there is some misconfiguration in my phone and/or in the controller, but it was working before.

Any ideas of what is happenning?

Sérgio.

What happens if you connect the phone and then switch the controller on?
What happens if you do not connect the phone? (I guess that, by design, the controller will shut down after a couple of minutes delay in order to minimise battery usage. )
Have you checked the phone's USB port for any dirt of fluff or........whatever that might trigger this response from the controller?
Is the phone's behaviour the same as it was prior to this problem appearing?
Can you try another phone that uses the same controller to phone cable?
Can you try another phone that uses a different controller to phone cable?

What happens if you connect the phone and then switch the controller on?
What happens if you do not connect the phone? (I guess that, by design, the controller will shut down after a couple of minutes delay in order to minimise battery usage. )
Have you checked the phone's USB port for any dirt of fluff or........whatever that might trigger this response from the controller?
Is the phone's behaviour the same as it was prior to this problem appearing?
Can you try another phone that uses the same controller to phone cable?
Can you try another phone that uses a different controller to phone cable?
Answering your questions by order:
- the same as shown in the video
- yes, controller bips for a while and shuts down
- yes, I've cleaned both ports (controller and phone)
- this behaviour started 1 week ago, the phone was working fine.
- need to try this, but I've tried a different cable with my phone but the issue still persists.
- I've tried and the controller didn't shut down.

- need to try this, but I've tried a different cable with my phone but the issue still persists.
- I've tried and the controller didn't shut down.
If I understand you correctly does this not point to the phone being the source of the problem?
If so can you check if you have changed any USB setting, even if by accident? I had an odd USB problem a while back, see

If I understand you correctly does this not point to the phone being the source of the problem?
If so can you check if you have changed any USB setting, even if by accident? I had an odd USB problem a while back, see
Thanks Phillius! I've tried different workarounds (USB debug, your recommendation, etc.) but no succcess to connect the controller to my S20+. DJI replied in their forum that this phone is not recommended to use with Mavic Mini. What is interesting it was working before.

I will try to factory reset my phone as one last attempt.

Sérgio.

BEFORE YOU RESET, did the problems start after an App update?
If so can you remove the app and install the previous (working? ) version of the app using an apk file.
If you are going to either try an older version of the app or reset the phone BACKUP your flight logs to your computer or an external storage.
The path to the logs is
computer/phone's-name/Phone/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord (for the txt's)
and
computer/phone's-name/Phone/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords (for the DAT's).

If trying an earlier version of the app not only uninstall but, AFTER backing up the logs, manually delete the entire folder dji.go.v5. When the 'new' app is installed, make one flight then copy the backed up individual logs from the back up device to their respective folders on the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the reset but it didn't work immediately. After I tried like 10 times in a row to connect the controller to cellphone it worked, but still unstable and the control battery is draining too fast with S20+. Probably I need for an update on firmware that will officially support S20+. That's weird.

Did this problem start after an update of the App?

If so did you try an older version of the App?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest