DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini crashed into water

nishsailor

Reactions
Immediately taken out of water and removed battery. Dried it and kept it in rice for 48 hrs.
When I started the drone again, it is giving continuous red blinking light and out of 4 lights only 1st and the last light is on and couldn’t connect to the aircraft..
Please help me on this issue..

Attachments

• 76F64BDA-8303-4B1D-922F-D28BBF11B2CC.jpeg
    76F64BDA-8303-4B1D-922F-D28BBF11B2CC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Fresh, brackish or salt water? Rice isn’t the best desiccant, a constant stream of warm dry air would be better, silica gel even better. If any water got into the drone at all it could have caused no end of short circuits. If it was salt or brackish water anything that is suggested is now 48 hours too late and the drone is toast.

Fresh, brackish or salt water? Rice isn’t the best desiccant, a constant stream of warm dry air would be better, silica gel even better. If any water got into the drone at all it could have caused no end of short circuits. If it was salt or brackish water anything that is suggested is now 48 hours too late and the drone is toast.
Thanks for your reply, it fell into fresh water tank.

Assuming you put in a new battery ?

The problem with the Mini is that the Esc Module is easily compromised so there is a good chance you will need a new main board as well as the ESC module.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the Rain and land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: nishsailor
@nishsailor ,being realistic with you ,the drone after becoming immersed in any sort of water,is to all intense and purposes done for ,even if you replace certain parts it is never going to be completely reliable again ,electronics and water do not make good bedfellows

@nishsailor ,being realistic with you ,the drone after becoming immersed in any sort of water,is to all intense and purposes done for ,even if you replace certain parts it is never going to be completely reliable again ,electronics and water do not make good bedfellows
Very true indeed! Electronics and water don't like each other.

Reactions: old man mavic
Did u try to taje all covers off and only then wipe it with soft cloth .
Then in rise is not a cold wether.
So try to suck all moister out.
??

Guy

Just returned from Greece and the bottom of my Mini2 got wet with salt water. Same thing, immediately removed the battery and air dried at the resort. Now it won’t even turn on.
Can I get this thing fixed or do I have to buy a new one?

So probably better to just buy a new one? ....stupid expensive *** toys... ?

Reactions: old man mavic
I personally will not try to fix it.
As salt water allways damage critical things at long term.
It could be ok now. And in 14 days when flying ..crash down.
Get a new one.

Wash all plastic parts as for spare parts.
All electronics....out ...
As in the air force:
" if there is a doubt....there in No doubt!"

Guy

Reactions: Qwerty Abuse
@Qwerty Abuse ,if it were me ,a new one would be the way to go ,keep the accessories and extra batteries ,and just replace the drone for peace of mind, if the bodyshell is undamaged keep it as well

Reactions: Qwerty Abuse
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum