DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini distance issue

alfo2010

Reactions
I have Mavic Mini and the 2 Pro. I have not taken my Mini out for about two months so given it was an awesome spring day here on the west coast, so I decided to give the Mini a fly about. The first thing that happened was that that it would only fly 260 ft. horizontally and stopped, I had the setting set for max distance. I flew the Mini back and checked the settings and changed the setting from max to 5,000 ft. and had the same issue. I checked it out today and I had the same issue? Just before I made a flight, I received a. message that I needed to update my software. I took a quick look at the description of the software description and it said something about geo zones, I uploaded the software. This is the first time I’ve had this issue in the six months that that I have had the Mini. I took my Pro 2 up for a spin and had no issues with flying up to just about a half mile or more. Has one of the recent software updates limited flight distances? I live in Canada.

Reactions: RealEstateGuy
Are you logged in to your account in the DJI Fly app? I seem to remember reading something about limits if you’re not signed in to your account

Any solutions for this? I'm having the same issues. Just bought it from a friend and it height is limited and the distance it can fly is limited.

Any solutions for this? I'm having the same issues. Just bought it from a friend and it height is limited and the distance it can fly is limited.
Its possibly running in "payload mode". Thst limits height and distance significantly. Do you have the prop guards on, or something else attached to the drone? Download the manual and have a good read. It answers a lot of questions and helps you avoid a lot of potential problems.

Its possibly running in "payload mode". Thst limits height and distance significantly. Do you have the prop guards on, or something else attached to the drone? Download the manual and have a good read. It answers a lot of questions and helps you avoid a lot of potential problems.

This is very helpful. I do keep the guards on since I'm only 3-4 real flights in. I do notice that it does go to "payload" adjustment and did not consider that. I did not get a manual with and learned by reviewing more "unboxing" videos than I care to share LOL I will do just that. The last thing I want to do is lose this thing. Appreciate it.

Reactions: scro
Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31