DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Error Code 40021

Dylan n

Reactions
Hey, Everyone, I am looking for some help with my Mavic Mini that I recently bought. Long Story short I crashed the drone and had to put a new Camera/Gimbal on it. Everything seems to be working fine now, and the Gimbal Moves but it's giving me an Error code 40021. The gimbal Starts up and does full rotation but does up and down a few more times then diagonal. After that, it locks up and I get gimbal stuck error and when I try to recalibrate the gimbal it gets stuck at 10 percent and won't do anything else?

Hey, Everyone, I am looking for some help with my Mavic Mini that I recently bought. Long Story short I crashed the drone and had to put a new Camera/Gimbal on it. Everything seems to be working fine now, and the Gimbal Moves but it's giving me an Error code 40021. The gimbal Starts up and does full rotation but does up and down a few more times then diagonal. After that, it locks up and I get gimbal stuck error and when I try to recalibrate the gimbal it gets stuck at 10 percent and won't do anything else?

might not be the exact same, but a friend had a similar issue and the cure was (believe it or not) Hold it with one hand and hit the front of it with the other.
mini error.jpg

Might be board to board interconnector. They're well put together these Minis, on the side of the Ziff like sockets there's usually two drops of hot glue.

I have a similar case. Error 40021 appears after gimbal replacement. Gimbal is working. It can be calibrated, but the error remains.
I suspect that the second hand gimbal has already recorded the board's serial number or vice versa.

I have a similar case. Error 40021 appears after gimbal replacement. Gimbal is working. It can be calibrated, but the error remains.
I suspect that the second hand gimbal has already recorded the board's serial number or vice versa.

sounds familiar, something i heard about having to get DJI to pair them together

Hello,
I am having the exact same issue. After a crash, I replaced the gimbal/camera system by one from another Mavic Mini from Ebay. I also had to replace the ribbon cable that connects the mainboard, gimbal, GPS board (?) and another sensor (?). I ran the two commands JointCoarse and LinearHall with these python-based tools (o-gs/dji-firmware-tools).
Now, the drone flies and records normally, the gimbal is working, but one IMU gimbal error message remains, obviously without giving me any further trouble.
If anyone knows how to remove the error message, I would be grateful.
Best regards,
Olaf

Reactions: jimmie1988
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon