DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini eyes, what is it for?

Fadly

Reactions
I noticed the two eyes of mavic mini which is covered by a dark plastic. I wonder if it means DJI originally plan to include obstacle avoidance system but decided not to in the last minute, or is it a slot for some kind of add-on obstacle avoidance system that DJI plan to release in a future? What you guys think?

I noticed the two eyes of mavic mini which is covered by a dark plastic. I wonder if it means DJI originally plan to include obstacle avoidance system but decided not to in the last minute, or is it a slot for some kind of add-on obstacle avoidance system that DJI plan to release in a future? What you guys think?
Just design element

Is the mini capable of adding sensors, should one decide do do so, even though the weight would be compromised? Yes, I have already registered, due to other RC aircraft I fly that are not drones, even though they are erroneously grouped as such.

Gee, you're right. I shown a bright LED flashlight against it. A first I thought I saw plastic through it but then when I looked through the battery compartment, more light showed through the grey plastic than the grill. The texture sure fools you.

kidding of course......?
Used later in the “Dueling Drones” series......... (Blue Lasers)

they have not plan to put sensors, because it will raise the weight

Maybe they did try to put a sensor originally. But couldn't find a way to meet the weight limit with sensor on. So they decided to just remove it altogether. I mean, they could've make the nose more streamline. It'll make it fly and hover better in windy condition

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980