DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini fly more kit batteries damaged in charger - is it possible?

You can try use certified Quallcomm quick charge 3.0 18W. This charger will communicate with dji charging hub, if the charger is compatible with QC 3.0 then it will increase charging voltage to 12V.
tried, no use. i had mini on the same charger since first day it was bought - it always worked fine, until this upgrade. i do not care now, as i trimmed the case and made enough space to keep that DJI charger in there.

Those that like to keep batteries topped off, Please do not leave fully charged batteries in a hot car! Nuff said. I store at about half. Remotes are confusing though because the lipo battery storage is different. Discharging is not discussed but I drain them to half for (long) storage too.

i have stored my batteries in the charging hub ,the three that came with the combo and the 4th one in the drone,without any issues up to now
the hub itself is not actually a charger it just distributes the power from the mains to the batteries in the order of the one with the most charge left first and so on it also acts as an indicator of amount of charge remaining as unlike the batteries of other mavics the MM batteries do not have any charge level lights built in
also the MM batteries do not self discharge after a set no of days like the other batteries do,thats why it has an outlet so you can discharge any fully charged ones using the USB port to your phone or some other device this needs to be done one at a time so the remaining charge does not get to low
Hi. I have a question that I hope you might answer. Just received the Mini Fly More kit. Can I charge all three batteries (First time charge) using the hub? Or must I charge each battery separately through the drone to avoid bricking the batteries, if that’s a concern? Thank you.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi. I have a question that I hope you might answer. Just received the Mini Fly More kit. Can I charge all three batteries (First time charge) using the hub? Or must I charge each battery separately through the drone to avoid bricking the batteries, if that’s a concern? Thank you.
The charging hub is made to charge all in one (but one after the other), use it, it is made for that
If it is first time and there is a firmware update for the drone, you will have maybe also to update the firmware of each battery.

Reactions: Slade
the MM batteries are different to the ones for the MA2 and when you put them into the hub, the hub will then go through them and start to charge the one with the most charge left first and so on, the first charge does take some time even with the 18 w charger that comes with the combo ,make sure you use one of the cables that come with the kit, as it will allow the batteries to charge faster it is ok to use the hub for first charge

Reactions: Slade
Lots of misinformation here. Storing at 100% charge MUCH worse for longevity than even 90%, regardless of lipo or liIo. Charging at faster rate is always worse. Storing colder always better. Discharging faster always worse. Believe what you want. My experience is with lithium based electric drones, flashlights, laptops, scooters, kids vehicles, 7000watt ebikes, and Teslas. I personally would never store at 100% and keep the batteries in my house.

the MM batteries are different to the ones for the MA2 and when you put them into the hub, the hub will then go through them and start to charge the one with the most charge left first and so on, the first charge does take some time even with the 18 w charger that comes with the combo ,make sure you use one of the cables that come with the kit, as it will allow the batteries to charge faster it is ok to use the hub for first charge
That’s good news. Thank you???

Reactions: old man mavic
Lots of misinformation here. Storing at 100% charge MUCH worse for longevity than even 90%, regardless of lipo or liIo. Charging at faster rate is always worse. Storing colder always better. Discharging faster always worse. Believe what you want. My experience is with lithium based electric drones, flashlights, laptops, scooters, kids vehicles, 7000watt ebikes, and Teslas. I personally would never store at 100% and keep the batteries in my house.
no one is misinforming anyone my friend ,just answering the question that was asked in post #43, i am sure we are all aware of the safe charging and storage of lipos i know i am have been doing it for a long time, the 18 w charger i mentioned is the one supplied by DJI to charge the batteries ,please read the post to which this answer was directed before you come in to the conversation thanks OMM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580