DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Fly More - Very Happy New Owner

TechieBrad89

Reactions
First drone I’ve ever purchased - First hobby RC anything I’ve ever bought. My girlfriend said “you’re gonna use it once and it’s gonna sit in a case for years”. I’ve had it for two days and I’ve flown a ton already, I’m actually waiting for the sun to come up now so I can take it out for a fly.

I love it!!! Not for shooting videos or pictures, but just to fly it. This drone is so much fun. I kind of wish I would have purchased the mavic 2 with some collision sensors, but I’ll just have to be especially careful now. The refresh program though.... 40 dollars, no questions asked replacements? Wow. I can fly this thing with complete peace of mind. I can let my girlfriend, mom, and dad all fly this thing knowing I’m completely covered for any accidents.

as a new owner, if anyone has any good YouTube videos that give tips on flying, I’d appreciate it. I’ve watched a ton so far, and every single video I watch I learn something new.

I’m so glad I didn’t skimp on price and get a 100-200 Walmart drone. This drone was worth every penny.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

First drone I’ve ever purchased - First hobby RC anything I’ve ever bought.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland TechieBrad89.

Same here, only it was a DJI Spark three years ago and now the Mavic Air 2 has moved into the hanger since August.

I love 'em both. :)

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

$40 is just the "retainer". There's still a "deductible" for each of the two replacements and you have to have the AC to send them. Still gives peace of mind. I was glad I had it for my M2Z when I accidentally backed over the case with my car only one month after I got it.

Consider also getting Refresh+ within 6 months as this not only gets you one more refresh in the 2nd year, but extends the warranty for the full two years. Some components are only warranted for 6 months.

$40 is just the "retainer". There's still a "deductible" for each of the two replacements and you have to have the AC to send them. Still gives peace of mind. I was glad I had it for my M2Z when I accidentally backed over the case with my car only one month after I got it.

Consider also getting Refresh+ within 6 months as this not only gets you one more refresh in the 2nd year, but extends the warranty for the full two years. Some components are only warranted for 6 months.

If I’m not mistaken, the fine print said 40 was the refresh cost.
1st break it’s a 40... deductible?... I think is what it was labeled.
2nd break 50
3rd break your SOL.
The refresh plus was available so long as you still have at least one replacement unit available at the end of your year. I could be wrong. I just know a 40 deductible for a fixed/replaced drone sure beats another 4-500 for a new one.

I bought my warranty at the last possible second. I was laying in bed thinking..... how could I not buy it. I purchased it, then the next morning I took it out for a fly (this morning) and nicked our porch and broke a blade.

so glad I paid for it. I did replace the blade no problem, but still, it could’ve been worse. I feel much more at ease letting my family and girlfriend play with it now.

Another welcome from AZ, neighbor...like you I went with the mini, after a lot of research and determining what my needs and use might be. And I can say I have been very impressed with it and having a blast. Lots of great info here, so look around.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Flytpath has a lot of good videos on YouTube, from unboxing to your first flight and he also goes over the quick shots menu.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC