DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini for "Commercial" USE ?!

Reactions
Hello ! I am new to the drone world and i thought of getting one in order to step up my filmmaking gear, therefore i recently bought the DJI Mavic Mini.
So far I've only flew it to learn the basics. Now, after a couple of days of using it I really want to use it in my work (i would like to mention that i'm not getting paid).
Soon I'll do a "re-opening" commercial for a Pub and i would love to stick a couple of shots in the video,of course, the video will be 95% filmmed on the ground with cameras.
So eventually as a result of the video (most likely posted on facebook), it will attract more clients generating more money for the pub.
I am concerned whether if using or not the drone...
Thanks !

Hello ! I am new to the drone world and i thought of getting one in order to step up my filmmaking gear, therefore i recently bought the DJI Mavic Mini.
So far I've only flew it to learn the basics. Now, after a couple of days of using it I really want to use it in my work (i would like to mention that i'm not getting paid).
Soon I'll do a "re-opening" commercial for a Pub and i would love to stick a couple of shots in the video,of course, the video will be 95% filmmed on the ground with cameras.
So eventually as a result of the video (most likely posted on facebook), it will attract more clients generating more money for the pub.
I am concerned whether if using or not the drone...
Thanks !
Hi, you're stepping into a minefield here and I expect you'll get plenty of detailed responses. Good on yer though for recognising this as unfortunately there are lots of irresponsible people out there that think it is fine to fly where they want and as long as they want. Essentially you need to hold a PfCO (currently) to use footage for reward (not necessarily monetary). Understanding the rules and regulations as well as insurance requirements is part of the PfCO. The CAA are the governing body and there is plenty of information on their website. Good luck and thanks for being responsible.

As a fellow videographer, I don't see any question, here. Yes...use it. Just don't make your entire production about the drone footage. If you get good with adjusting the gimbal while lowering the drone, you can get a very effective jib type shot.

I've been experimenting with my Mini and am pleasantly surprised at the picture quality. Plus, it you edit in standard HD, the 2.7 setting will give some wiggle room to zoom in a bit in post.

EDIT: Biggles846 and I were posting at the same time. I was wondering about the regulations in the UK.

Hi, you're stepping into a minefield here and I expect you'll get plenty of detailed responses. Good on yer though for recognising this as unfortunately there are lots of irresponsible people out there that think it is fine to fly where they want and as long as they want. Essentially you need to hold a PfCO (currently) to use footage for reward (not necessarily monetary). Understanding the rules and regulations as well as insurance requirements is part of the PfCO. The CAA are the governing body and there is plenty of information on their website. Good luck and thanks for being responsible.
Thank you !

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Just remember you're doing it as a bit of fun for your friend who owns the pub and in no way doing this to help him commercially or for advertising or to promote his relaunch, otherwise you will need registration/insurance/qualifications etc. YOUR intent is a bit of fun. IF he then goes on to share the footage publicly, that's not on you as all you did it for was a bit of fun (I'd delete your last post if I were you!)

If you're planning on doing more projects like this, get insured, get your qualifications, and get registered and do it properly

Just remember you're doing it as a bit of fun for your friend who owns the pub and in no way doing this to help him commercially or for advertising or to promote his relaunch, otherwise you will need registration/insurance/qualifications etc. YOUR intent is a bit of fun. IF he then goes on to share the footage publicly, that's not on you as all you did it for was a bit of fun (I'd delete your last post if I were you!)

If you're planning on doing more projects like this, get insured, get your qualifications, and get registered and do it properly
Thank you. Yes my reason doing this is gaining experience in filmmaking and building a portofolio.

I'm curious what the regs are in the UK for commerical drone operation? I know that in the US that to fly for any remumeration at all requires a Part 107 license. Is there an equivalent in the UK?

I'm curious what the regs are in the UK for commerical drone operation? I know that in the US that to fly for any remumeration at all requires a Part 107 license. Is there an equivalent in the UK?

Exactly the same in the UK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind