DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini High wind error

Ryanmini

Reactions
Hi I’m new to the drone world I recently bought a mini 1 second hand, I’ve replaced all the props for brand new ones as wasn’t sure what last owner had replaced or done
When hovering I had no wind at all and as soon as I use the rotate stick on the controller to turn the drone it comes up saying high wind return home manually, if I use the up an down it’s fine only if i rotate. Also is it normal for these minis to go backwards after take off briefly. Once it hovered I flew up and it was fine it’s only when I rotate it comes up saying high wind, some help and advise would be nice thanks
Ryan

Hi I’m new to the drone world I recently bought a mini 1 second hand, I’ve replaced all the props for brand new ones as wasn’t sure what last owner had replaced or done
When hovering I had no wind at all and as soon as I use the rotate stick on the controller to turn the drone it comes up saying high wind return home manually, if I use the up an down it’s fine only if i rotate. Also is it normal for these minis to go backwards after take off briefly. Once it hovered I flew up and it was fine it’s only when I rotate it comes up saying high wind, some help and advise would be nice thanks
Ryan
did the previous owner say anything about it being an issue ,perhaps thats why he got rid of it
have you done a compass and IMU calibration and also checked for any app and firmware up dates also download the manual and see how to do what i have mentioned
hope you get it sorted out

did the previous owner say anything about it being an issue ,perhaps thats why he got rid of it
have you done a compass and IMU calibration and also checked for any app and firmware up dates also download the manual and see how to do what i have mentioned
hope you get it sorted out
Thanks for the reply, no he said it all perfect, when It turned up all the props had been changed, one had bit missing out of it and some of the spare ones were really warped. So I bought new set online replaced, next time I fly I will calibrate both, all firmware is up to date

May I suggest reloading your firmware. I had a similar issue with one of my minis. Reloaded the firmware and never happened again. Best of luck, hope it works for you.

May I suggest reloading your firmware. I had a similar issue with one of my minis. Reloaded the firmware and never happened again. Best of luck, hope it works for you.
Might sound stupid what what do you mean by reload the firmware? Like delete app the redownload?
Thanks
Ryan
PS the drone has an amazing camera

You’ll need to download the DJI 2 Assistant for Mavic onto a computer, then turn your drone on and plug a usb cable into the computer while the assistant is still on. Follow the prompts. Try doing a ‘refresh’, that’ll take a few minutes to complete. Hope this helps...

Reactions: Gagey52
You’ll need to download the DJI 2 Assistant for Mavic onto a computer, then turn your drone on and plug a usb cable into the computer while the assistant is still on. Follow the prompts. Try doing a ‘refresh’, that’ll take a few minutes to complete. Hope this helps...
I shall give this a go thanks will give you an update

... it comes up saying high wind return home manually,........ go backwards after take off briefly.

Looks more like IMU issues to me. Anyway, it's just a guess base on my experience. If you can upload the flight log files to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help . May be more insight can be obtained. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see how to get the .TXT flight log files from the phone.

Last edited:
I shall give this a go thanks will give you an update
I tried that and still when I use the rotate stick and rotate the drone doesn’t spin in one place starts flying around and comes up wind speed high no wind at all today kinda annoying

Heres my flight record for today see if anyone can figure if anythings happening

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-28_[12-50-58].txt
    610.9 KB · Views: 7
I tried that and still when I use the rotate stick and rotate the drone doesn’t spin in one place starts flying around and comes up wind speed high no wind at all today kinda annoying
Define "Flying Around" you mean like toilet bowling? Is this seller available and known to you..I am not saying at this point there is a major issue. but sounds like this thing might have took a hard knock or two. Hopefully just a tweak of this and that though, so don't want to alarm you. ;) Logs will figure it out...hang in there. :)

Define "Flying Around" you mean like toilet bowling? Is this seller available and known to you..I am not saying at this point there is a major issue. but sounds like this thing might have took a hard knock or two. Hopefully just a tweak of this and that though, so don't want to alarm you. ;) Logs will figure it out...hang in there. :)
Na I don’t know the guy bought it off him and sent to me, do you think something inside is damaged or could it just be some sort or Calibration or something, like if o go straight left to turn it will travel slightly back or forward and not just hover in place and not spin around on it axis there’s a few big metal washing line poles in the garden and ladders where I was flying it so you think that could cause such a problem up and down movements are perfect

Na I don’t know the guy bought it off him and sent to me, do you think something inside is damaged or could it just be some sort or Calibration or something, like if o go straight left to turn it will travel slightly back or forward and not just hover in place and not spin around on it axis there’s a few big metal washing line poles in the garden and ladders where I was flying it so you think that could cause such a problem up and down movements are perfect
At this point let's just get though some calibrations, define your stick movements for us are you in mode 2? So your saying right contol stick giving left stick throw/input it travels back or forward as well as left? Might need a controller cal as well. Most likely poles and ladders aren't affecting it...as long as you take off is well clear of them and any metal. On Controller stick giving Yaw (Left or right) it doesn't hold hover as well?

Is this your first DJI? Is this your first "Drone"? Helps me when describing things is all. :)

At this point let's just get though some calibrations, define your stick movements for us are you in mode 2? So your saying right contol stick giving left stick throw/input it travels back or forward as well as left? Might need a controller cal as well. Most likely poles and ladders aren't affecting it...as long as you take off is well clear of them and any metal. On Controller stick giving Yaw (Left or right) it doesn't hold hover as well?

Is this your first DJI? Is this your first "Drone"? Helps me when describing
Thank you for helping me, my control mode 2 and yeah when I use the left stick to turn the mini round it sort of starts travelling backwards and forwards while trying to turn then throws up high wind warning strange, it’s annoying cause I wanna enjoy what it has to offer but can’t cause worried about it drifting away, this is my first DJI yes

Thank you for helping me, my control mode 2 and yeah when I use the left stick to turn the mini round it sort of starts travelling backwards and forwards while trying to turn then throws up high wind warning strange, it’s annoying cause I wanna enjoy what it has to offer but can’t cause worried about it drifting away, this is my first DJI yes
Okay bear with me, your saying, you use your Throttle stick/Yaw stick and input (we'll say left only) turn, and your getting front to back (rocking) and then the warning on top? IF that is the case we are going to have to see logs...and what is going on. I'm not the Log Guru, plenty on here though that will help you. Something isn't right and that is no controller cal. But wouldn't hurt to look at it and do one. ;) Log guys will probably be right with you I believe one is monitoring this thread anyway if not more. :)

If not too personal what did you pay for this used Mini?

Last edited:
Okay bear with me your saying, you use your Throttle stick/Yaw stick and input (we'll say left only) turn, and your getting front to back (rocking) and then the warning on top? IF that is the case we are going to have to see logs...and what is going on. I'm not the Log Guru, plenty on here though that will help you. Something isn't right and that is no controller cal. But wouldn't hurt to look at it and do one. ;) Log guys will probably be right with you I believe one is monitoring this thread anyway if not more.
Okay bear with me, your saying, you use your Throttle stick/Yaw stick and input (we'll say left only) turn, and your getting front to back (rocking) and then the warning on top? IF that is the case we are going to have to see logs...and what is going on. I'm not the Log Guru, plenty on here though that will help you. Something isn't right and that is no controller cal. But wouldn't hurt to look at it and do one. ;) Log guys will probably be right with you I believe one is monitoring this thread anyway if not more. :)

Do you think it’s worth removing top cover to see if anything’s come loose or something? Do you do a controller cal on the settings? Never done that before yeah hopefully someone can look at the log, so I turn to do a 360 spin but moves back and over a bit or forward like doesn’t hold it’s position when trying to turn around to face a different direction

Make sure when you post here you type below my quote box :p Didn't catch that last post right away. Looked like you quoted me and didn't type anything. DO NOT tear it apart, there is nothing in there loose...well at least that you could fix (Assuming). Sounds like a IMU error, possible Compass Cal. And yes, all calibrations are done App side. Here is the user manual if you haven't read it: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200930/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN1.pdf

Guide to Calibrate remote: How To Calibrate Remote Controller Of DJI Mavic Mini? | Keysterm

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000