DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland

You're brave going that far out. Have you been flying for long? I am just starting, so am keen to learn how confident you can be!
I've been flying quite a long time at this stage, confidence comes with experience, for sure. This other flight was even further out in challenging conditions

I've been flying quite a long time at this stage, confidence comes with experience, for sure. This other flight was even further out in challenging conditions

Nice clips. I must remember to shoot shorter clips and put them together, rather than trying to make a film in one go. I haven't got my head around how to edit yet - I am still watching the teaching films. All the teachers thik the viewer knows something about it already, even the terms are new, or they are just being clever for the sake of it. How people remember it all I will never know.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Nice clips. I must remember to shoot shorter clips and put them together, rather than trying to make a film in one go. I haven't got my head around how to edit yet - I am still watching the teaching films. All the teachers thik the viewer knows something about it already, even the terms are new, or they are just being clever for the sake of it. How people remember it all I will never know.
It's pretty easy to learn these days, with YouTube etc. I learned the hard way in college, a long time ago; I've been using Premiere Pro for many years

It's pretty easy to learn these days, with YouTube etc. I learned the hard way in college, a long time ago; I've been using Premiere Pro for many years

When I was at college we used black and white film. Ilford PanF and HP5 or Tri-X. There was no such thing as a pocket calculator yet. I remember when Casio calculators were over £100 - I stuck with my slide rule.

When I was at college we used black and white film. Ilford PanF and HP5 or Tri-X. There was no such thing as a pocket calculator yet. I remember when Casio calculators were over £100 - I stuck with my slide rule.
Stick to the YouTube and you won't go wrong

Reactions: KingRat
Stick to the YouTube and you won't go wrong

I appreciate your sentiment. The editing I have got to grips with a bit (Lightroom 6), but the filing system for getting pictures into Lightroom is defeating me.

I have only just started to look at Davinci Resolve.... hells teeth, I am looking up every other word as to what they mean! It is slow progress. I haven't tried shooting video yet because of the editing situation.... too much to take in for an old brain.

Reactions: Drone Views Media
I appreciate your sentiment. The editing I have got to grips with a bit (Lightroom 6), but the filing system for getting pictures into Lightroom is defeating me.

I have only just started to look at Davinci Resolve.... hells teeth, I am looking up every other word as to what they mean! It is slow progress. I haven't tried shooting video yet because of the editing situation.... too much to take in for an old brain.
Davinci is great, the whole subscription system Adobe employs is turning off a lot of people

Davinci is great, the whole subscription system Adobe employs is turning off a lot of people

Me included. I have been supplied LR6, it is not a hooky copy, it is a properly licenced version. I haven't got very good results with it so far though, which might be because of asking too much from the camera in the first place. I think the Mavic Air camera needs good light, otherwise it is always going to be a bit muddy. I have only had grey days so far. The flying aspects are getting better though. I haven't tried any of the automatic flight programmes yet. I am getting to learnt o fly it on the sticks first... but I need something of interest to film before I will bother. Without that interest I won't be able to apply myself fully. I will think of something and that will spur me on.

Me included. I have been supplied LR6, it is not a hooky copy, it is a properly licenced version. I haven't got very good results with it so far though, which might be because of asking too much from the camera in the first place. I think the Mavic Air camera needs good light, otherwise it is always going to be a bit muddy. I have only had grey days so far. The flying aspects are getting better though. I haven't tried any of the automatic flight programmes yet. I am getting to learnt o fly it on the sticks first... but I need something of interest to film before I will bother. Without that interest I won't be able to apply myself fully. I will think of something and that will spur me on.
We have spent months in lockdown, so opportunities to fly in interesting areas have been limited, and as soon as the lockdown got lifted we got inundated with crappy Irish weather ?‍♂️. Hopefully I'll get out West next week, a
We have spent months in lockdown, so opportunities to fly in interesting areas have been limited, and as soon as the lockdowns got lifted, we got inundated with crappy Irish weather ?‍♂️. Hopefully I'll get out West next week, and in Asia towards the middle of August

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly