DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini in the Wind

Kbviper

Reactions
I have been gradually trying the MM in higher winds to see how it would do. Today it the winds were forecast to be about 40 km/hr (About 24 mph).

I started with a nearly fully charged battery (97%) and switched into the Sport Mode about 8 minutes into the flight. Airdata is showing a flight time of 17 min 17 secs with a landing battery of 13%. Total mileage 19,103 ft, a lot of that against the wind.

Airdata showing a maximum wind speed of 27.9 mph and there was a 4 minute stretch into a 25-27 mph wind. Speed into the wind got as low as 7 mph, but it continued to make progress. In my opinion, a 30 mph (50 kph) wind is about as strong as I would try to fly the MM in.

I flew the MM in the wind again today. Winds were around 30 mph gusting to over 41 mph at one point. MM performed well both into the wind and in a 30 mph crosswind - I was in the sport mode.

Took off with 100% battery, landed with 11% battery, flight time 17 min 15 secs, fighting the wind the whole flight. Total mileage 15,310.

Partial screen print of winds from Airdata attached.

Attachments

• Mavic Mini Wind Airdata.jpg
    Mavic Mini Wind Airdata.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 48
Hi everyone,

Could you please advice, we just got a Mavic Mini.
Turned it on with iphone 6, just lifted up and then dow after a minute, all good.
Then we logged an iphone XR, needed to do an update, then we lift it up and after about a minute down again, all good.. after that we put the iphone 6 back on, lift it up and he gone crazy, straight to a wall and on the floor. Pretty bad.
On the Iphone 6 it is not showing any option for updates as for XR it showed them immediately so we did it... anyways. I no longer want to have connected the iphone XR so HOW DO I DISCONNECTED IT?? I don't want my Mavic to go crazy and it disappear on me when I use MY phone and not my girlfriends...
IS IT BEST TO DO A HARD RESET, IF YES, HOW? CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ONLINE...

Thanks!

The connection between phone and RC is through USB so just don't use the phone with the RC. You can also uninstall the app if you never intended to use it.

Otherwise I don't understand your question.

As for updates, are you referring to firmware update or app update? Firmware updates are applied to the RC, AC and sometimes batteries. Firmware is applied once no matter how many devices you use.
App updates are through Apple Store or Google Play. Sometimes it takes a while for a device to pick up an update from a store. That applies to any app.

Hi D,

Thank you for your answer.

it was the firmware update - but why didn't it updata while Iphone 6s was connected?
Why did it go crazy and fly to the wall after XR updated i connected it to Iphone 6s?
Do you think it will go crazy again with the 6s?

XR phone deleted the app.

Unless you're saying you tried the 6 first rather than the XR, the XR would apply the firmware and the 6 wouldn't need to since it's already applied to the RC/AC. Firmware update does nothing to the app or device running the app.

If the AC did need the update when you used the 6, lots of possibilities. My guess would be not allowing time for app to check firmware availability on servers and compare to AC, or servers were not reachable at the time.

As for Mini acting improperly, logs would determine that. It's rarely the app itself that would cause a crash. Bad USB connection might do it if the connection is very intermittent. That can cause app crash too. I've experienced that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat