DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Internal Battery Charging

Marsbar

Reactions
Good morning,

I have a question regarding charging the internal battery of the Mavic Mini Drone.

If I recall correctly when I first received my Mavic Mini drone it was necessary that I charged the internal battery which was done by connecting the drone via a USB cable to the micro USB (type B) slot located next to the Micro card slot at the rear of the drone - just below flap used to open the external battery compartment.

The lights under the drone then started to flash and it was assumed that the internal battery was therefore being charged. Currently I just have just two out of the fours lights flashing regardless of how long I leave the drone on charge.

I was wanted to know whether was correct or should all 4 lights flash once the internal battery is fully charged??

Thank you kindly, MB

Reactions: old man mavic
Good morning,

I have a question regarding charging the internal battery of the Mavic Mini Drone.

If I recall correctly when I first received my Mavic Mini drone it was necessary that I charged the internal battery which was done by connecting the drone via a USB cable to the micro USB (type B) slot located next to the Micro card slot at the rear of the drone - just below flap used to open the external battery compartment.

The lights under the drone then started to flash and it was assumed that the internal battery was therefore being charged. Currently I just have just two out of the fours lights flashing regardless of how long I leave the drone on charge.

I was wanted to know whether was correct or should all 4 lights flash once the internal battery is fully charged??

Thank you kindly, MB
the lights will flash until the battery is fully charged and then all 4 will be steady, unless you are using a quick charger,the battery can take a while to charge unplug the charger after you have turned it off then press the on off switch on the drone and note how many lights come on only give it one press ,not the start up press then press and hold,then plug in the charge lead first before you plug the charger into the mains then the lights will start flashing and as the battery charges they will come on until all 4 are steady green it would be a good idea to download and read the manual from the DJI web site, and welcome to the forum, its not actually an internal battery it can be removed from the drone

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thank you kindly for the detailed and prompt response.

With regards to there being no internal battery I must have been mistaken that there was one that needed charging, clearly the Lithium Ion battery will need charging and when fully charged this is indicated by 4 steady lights on the drone (white lights not green)

Once again thanks for takign to the time to respond to my query, MB

Reactions: old man mavic
no problem yes they are white i was thinking of my MPP, sorry old age has its problems sometimes i forget which drone i am talking about

Reactions: pelagic_one
If you didn't get the Flymore combo, then you only received one battery and no charger. The Flymore comes with two additional batteries, an 18W QC compatible quick charger and charging hub. In this case you'd charge the batteries with the hub rather than in the AC.
With a QC charger, each battery can take as long as 90 minutes to charge. A regular USB charger may take 2 hours or more to charge a battery. If you use a slow charge, such as plugging into a PC USB, that will take a VERY long time as a normal USB port only puts out 500mA. The 2 hours would assume 2A at 5v. The 18W charger negotiates 1.5A @ 12v.
If you have an Android with a QC compatible rapid charger, you can use that.

There's no "internal" battery but if you didn't get the combo, it might seem like the one battery is internal, particularly since your only means to charge it is with the AC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60