DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Landing Gear Extensions

miniflyer

Reactions
I saw what I thought were ski skids on a mini being used by old man mavic a few weeks ago and ordered some through Amazon UK HOT1950s Landing Gear Extensions Leg Height Extender Protector for DJI Mavic Mini Drone, New Upgrade Extended Landing Gear Leg Support Protector for DJI Mavic Drone Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors. They took a few weeks to arrive and I must say I am really pleased with them. The colour is the same as the drone and they fit very well.
View attachment 94684
View attachment 94683
i like them as well i chose them because they dont put any stress on the arms when landing ,i filed a little bit off the lugs that lock in the drone ,as i have a skin on mine and it was damaging the edge of the skin as i took it on and off

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerDH
i like them as well i chose them because they dont put any stress on the arms when landing ,i filed a little bit off the lugs that lock in the drone ,as i have a skin on mine and it was damaging the edge of the skin as i took them on and off

I think you must be one of the first to attach these - thanks for the tip re the skin.

I'm also pleased to have spent time on the CAA site some minutes ago and passed the test.

Reactions: old man mavic
I think you must be one of the first to attach these - thanks for the tip re the skin.

I'm also pleased to have spent time on the CAA site some minutes ago and passed the test.
that's great news,now just put your operator id on the drone ,and print out your flier id or just save it on your phone so you can access it if asked to by the cops

i like them as well i chose them because they dont put any stress on the arms when landing ,i filed a little bit off the lugs that lock in the drone ,as i have a skin on mine and it was damaging the edge of the skin as i took them on and off
I like that attachment too; I've decided against the leg extensions. I'm working on a 3D printed thing that attaches to the body like that but uses piano wire for the struts and skids -- very light weight and hardly any added wind drag, and maybe a little cushioning for hard landings.

I like that attachment too; I've decided against the leg extensions. I'm working on a 3D printed thing that attaches to the body like that but uses piano wire for the struts and skids -- very light weight and hardly any added wind drag, and maybe a little cushioning for hard landings.

Good choice. Adding additional front length to the landing legs will increase leaverage, and torsional force. The legs could break more easily.

Why not handlaunch and handcatch. It's so easy, especially if you put the Drone in C mode when landing.

I've yet to take off from, or land on the ground...don't need extensions on my hands. Of course, YMMV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato