DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini lion battery charger from 3rd is compatible with mavic mini 2 lipo batteries?

Me262

Reactions
Another question about mavic mini 2 coming from mini 1.

I bought something similar to charge my mavic mini 1 extra battery: US $9.54 15% OFF|For Mavic Mini Fast Charger USB Battery Charging Hub For DJI Mavic Mini Drone Drone Accessories With Charging Cable Type C|Drone Batterys| - AliExpress

Will this be compatible to charge the mini 2 lipo's?

They do have this specifically for mini 2 batteries: US $13.48 41% OFF|QC3.0 Battery Charger DJI Mini 2 USB Charging Adapter for DJI Mavic Mini 2 Dron Accessories|Camera Drones| - AliExpress

Output is 8.8V instead of 8.4V. Not much of an electrician, but will 0.4V make a lot of difference in negatively affecting the lipo's?

Most of these chargers are of constant-voltage-constant current type. The lower output voltage means that you probably wont be able to charge the LiPo battery of the Mini 2 to 100% but I don't think harms will be done.

Constant current until you reach target voltage, which is about 80%, then holds that voltage where the battery draws less and less current down to a threshold.

Safe to use an MM1 charger on an MM2 battery, though it won't fully charge but not an MM2 only charger on an MM1 battery. I suspect the MM2 AC and hub can detect an MM1 battery and adjusts accordingly.

My understanding is that a LiPo charger can do LiOn but not the other way around without risking damaging the batteries and that's why the stock Mini2 charger( and drone) can accept a MM battery but not the other way around. I think thats also why they designed the Mini2 battery specifically to NOT fit in to the MM so as to not damage the drone or provide a charging workaround.

Will the M2 battery actually fit the charger? As I understand it a MM1 batt will fit a M2 but a M2 batt won’t fit a MM1 as it’s larger. Wouldn’t this be the case with your charger if it’s designed for a MM1?

Will the M2 battery actually fit the charger? As I understand it a MM1 batt will fit a M2 but a M2 batt won’t fit a MM1 as it’s larger. Wouldn’t this be the case with your charger if it’s designed for a MM1?
If you look that charger doesn't enclose the battery, it just clips to the terminals so yes that fits...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR