DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini/Mini 2 battery charger.

OldGuy

Reactions
I have sold my MM and bought the Mini 2. I kept my STARTRC Mavic Mini 3 in 1 charger hoping to use it to charge the Mini 2 batteries. However I am not so sure as there is a slight difference in voltage output from the new M2 charger and my STARTRC Mini charger. Also the Mini batteries are Li-ion and the Mini 2 batteries are LiPo. Can anyone enlighten me?

It's not just they are different chemistries they are different voltages...need I say more? No Charger made for MM will work (At least not properly) for the Mini 2. Your going to undercharge the Mini 2 batteries. You "might" be able to use it, but you would then need to top off all the Mini 2 batteries with stock factory charger or hub. Personally using something for what it isn't designed for is typically frowned upon, but your choice and your home...what's a little fire between friends ....right??? ;)

Reactions: OldBoy
But it has been pointed out in other threads one can charge multiple batteries close to full charge with third party charger, then top off with stock charging method. Very useful if you don't have a stock hub and need to use AC to complete the charge.

It's not just they are different chemistries they are different voltages...need I say more? No Charger made for MM will work (At least not properly) for the Mini 2. Your going to undercharge the Mini 2 batteries. You "might" be able to use it, but you would then need to top off all the Mini 2 batteries with stock factory charger or hub. Personally using something for what it isn't designed for is typically frowned upon, but your choice and your home...what's a little fire between friends ....right??? ;)
Aliexpress where I bought the charger earlier this year are still advertising it. Only now they say it’s valid for the Mini 2 as well as the Mavic Mini (STARTRC - 3 in 1 Drone Battery Charger Discharger for DJI Mini 2 Mavic Mini Battery Charging Accessories.) The spec is exactly the same!?

They could have modified it so that it detects the battery type and adjusts charging accordingly.
The new Yx charger for the Mini 2 has an output of 8.8 volts. My old STARTRC charger and the one still advertised has an output voltage of 8.4 volts so I don't think they have changed anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada