DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini not connecting to Litchi

djbartuk

Reactions
Connected as per guide, start drone, then controller, plug cable into phone, open Litchi. It sees controller and knows battery etc but no drone visual or control capability?

Attachments

• A5ADD546-EACF-47D0-ADAB-5F71CC3853CA.png
    A5ADD546-EACF-47D0-ADAB-5F71CC3853CA.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Is the controller connected to the drone ?

Have you applied for the Litchi Beta app, as it's still in testing this is the only version that supports the Mavic Mini

Last edited:
Beta version of Litchi?
Litchi for the Mini is only in beta at this time. I've downloaded it but haven't tried it on my Mini just yet.

I have the android beta for the mini v4.18.0_BETA-g Build 3630. You can buy this from Lichi for android but not for iOS as the apple Beta programme is full. Flew it this morning and found no problems except waypoints fail and are not working yet ( fails when you press go to execute the plan so not in flight)

Hello, I have tried all the FAQ and tutorials and the Litchi app still will not connect to my mini controller. Please help!

I recently got Litchi, applied for the beta not more than a few days ago in the Play Store (if you go to Litchi and then scroll down there's a beta access to join). Once that has been joined you can install the beta version of the app.

There are some things that still won't work in the mini version (since DJI doesn't provide access to them in the SDK or the hardware is not able to provide it). For example Color filters, or 3:2 aspect ratio. Features such as Waypoints are not functional. But Follow/Orbit (via GPS to your phone), and Focus (points camera at a specific stationary GPS location while you move), and to some degree Track seems to work (but loses contrast/target pretty easily). The Magic Leash app can be used on a second device for it to do follow/orbit in, while using the primary device to control.

So the Mini will fly with it, but bear in mind that as a beta, there's still a bit that won't work, it just depends on what you want to do with it exactly.

For me there is three things that I wanted primarily from the Litchi App :
* Focus to simulate a sort of point of interest mode (ie: lock the gimbal/rotation to the GPS target, while I fly as needed)
* Ability to change contrast, saturation, sharpness for both photo/video (especially for video)
* Automatic Panoramic capture (can be set to the horizontal and vertical degree of capture area, as well as how many columns/rows for level of overlapping details).

The last two work great with the mini, the "Focus" works, but I can't seem to set the sensitivity or smoothness of rotating the mini to keep with the target, does a bit of a stutteras it adjusts rotation to keep object in frame, though vertical adjustment with the gimbal keeping track is near perfect.

I'm told the free version of redwaypoint.com works with the mini far as Waypoints go (which doesn't seem available in Litchi Beta for Mini), if the waypoints are primarily what you want.

Doesn't seem bad for a one-time $20 (as opposed to the Rainbow drone app that wants an annual subscription). Though I already paid for Litchi.

It’s down to whether or not you want the waypoint capability. Litchi have said that they may introduce waypoints in the future but it will need a significant change to the way they currently handle them on other drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico