DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini over charge

Rhys_Cavill

Reactions
Good afternoon, hope everyone is staying healthy!
I just got the Mavic Mini, and I am charging it now, but I am nervous as I want to keep good care of it.
My first question is, do I need to charge both the drone & the controller?
2.do I need to charge them before attempting any sort of flight?
3.can I over charge either the drone battery or controller?
4. How long do they take to charge with the usb cable that came with it, plugged into and iPhone plug/adapter?
thank you

Reactions: old man mavic
I just got the Mavic Mini, and I am charging it now, but I am nervous as I want to keep good care of it.
4. How long do they take to charge with the usb cable that came with it, plugged into and iPhone plug/adapter?
thank you
I and welcome!!!

1 - Yes, you need to charge both devices.
2 - Yes, fully charge is required for first flight nevertheless battery is in "sleeping" mode and she will awake when you full charge it.
3 - There will be no over charge, when batteries are completely full they will stay in a kind of "hold" mode, so you can leave them to charge and go to sleep.
4 - They will take a couple of hours to be fully charged, probably some 3 hours, but you will be able to see their status trough their lights...

:)

thank you
couple of things because you are using a low wattage charge source then the battery will take a long time to charge it would be better if you had an 18w charger from DJI then it will charge much quicker are you aware that before you can fly you need to be registered with DJI and and also there will probably be firmware updates to consider as well
when the batteries are fully charged they stop and all 4 lights are solid that goes for the controller as well there is a manual that you can download off the DJI web site
one last thing it is not really a good idea to leave any batteries unattended when they are being charged in case an issue arises

couple of things because you are using a low wattage charge source then the battery will take a long time to charge it would be better if you had an 18w charger from DJI then it will charge much quicker are you aware that before you can fly you need to be registered with DJI and and also there will probably be firmware updates to consider as well
when the batteries are fully charged they stop and all 4 lights are solid that goes for the controller as well there is a manual that you can download off the DJI web site
one last thing it is not really a good idea to leave any batteries unattended when they are being charged in case an issue arises
Thank you so much, Old Man Mavic! I’ve only been a part of this forum for a little while, but I’m constantly surprised about how much people such as yourself put into these replies! Thank you again, I will definitely have a look at the manual tomorrow, I couldn’t find much to do with the charging of the drone in the box it came in. Don’t worry, I was going to charge the battery over night, but I’ll finish it tomorrow in the day when it is attended, I’ll also have a look on amazon for the 18w charger. Thanks again, I’m very grateful

@Rhys_Cavill welcome to the forums.

Just got to repeat what Old Man Mavic already said...

IT IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO PUT BATTERIES ON CHARGE AND LEAVE UNATTENDED. NEVER!!

Put batteries on charge and go to bed? PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS.
Thanks for the welcome @StubbornSwiss! Don’t worry, I won’t charge it tonight. I was going to! But I’ll leave it till tomorrow & I’ll have a flight in the evening. Thanks again for the concern

I and welcome!!!

1 - Yes, you need to charge both devices.
2 - Yes, fully charge is required for first flight nevertheless battery is in "sleeping" mode and she will awake when you full charge it.
3 - There will be no over charge, when batteries are completely full they will stay in a kind of "hold" mode, so you can leave them to charge and go to sleep.
4 - They will take a couple of hours to be fully charged, probably some 3 hours, but you will be able to see their status trough their lights...

:)
Thank you for this brilliant reply! I was worried I’d have to keep a constant eye on it whilst it charges to stop damage to the battery. Thanks again

Reactions: CaCrab
BUY CARE REFRESH if you haven’t done so already. Very short window to do it and you will not be disappointed when you have a pilot error. Many here have regretted not making that decision.

Reactions: CaCrab
Also if you haven't already, read the full manual. Download it from DJI website if you don't have a paper copy (it looks like they're not shipping it any more, just giving you a link to the website). Your battery questions are answered in there.

Thank you so much, Old Man Mavic! I’ve only been a part of this forum for a little while, but I’m constantly surprised about how much people such as yourself put into these replies! Thank you again, I will definitely have a look at the manual tomorrow, I couldn’t find much to do with the charging of the drone in the box it came in. Don’t worry, I was going to charge the battery over night, but I’ll finish it tomorrow in the day when it is attended, I’ll also have a look on amazon for the 18w charger. Thanks again, I’m very grateful
I find my mm charges it's battery in about 90 mins using a charger that puts out 2.4v

Reactions: old man mavic
I find my mm charges it's battery in about 90 mins using a charger that puts out 2.4v
its also the watts output that needs to be higher as well you can go up to 24 watts which will give a really quick charge

Reactions: KJT

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52