DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini seems to have a lot of issues to work out.

Hey all, just had my mini for over a month now. have put about 25km on her so far and 2.5 hours flight time. My history is phantom 3, 4 pro (recently sold) and now the mini. Something very curious happened the other day and almost lost the drone. waited till all gps was locked on, usually I wait until I have at least 15 satellites. Wind was maybe 10mph, not bad and I've flown in much much worse with the little mini. Flew about 200' in distance and then suddenly I went to return home in sport mode and forward inputs resulted in sideways travel and then backwards travel. I immediately hovered to about 40' of height and was just hovering over someone's roof. I charged through a few neighbors yard and got right under the mini. It would fly away from me further but would not return towards the home point (wind was not the issue). I was fortunate to have been able to land in their outdoor shower. I knocked on their door before retrieval out of respect.

I have been getting 'max power load reached' warnings recently so everything including ICU and compass was re-calibrated outside on a large wooden table that I've used to calibrate all my drones. Here is what I was able to find when viewing my flight logs. When traveling forward looking on the mini map, there is a green cursor in front of the aircraft on normal flights. This flight that cursor was moving all around the aircraft. Any ideas? I've brought this drone over the bay many times at my house going 2-3000' out, this has destroyed all confidence in this thing. updated firm ware and all is good. Tried a little flight yesterday and all was well then I noticed while I was flying forwards the aircraft was not going perfectly straight but was curving to the right I believe. I immediately brought her home and all good. any thoughts on what could be wrong?
Could it be worn prop blades? Just an educated guess, they are under a lot of stress and it wouldn’t take much wear on one to knock it out of balance. Curving away like that could be explained by this?

I am afraid this is another reported case of insufficient tilting of the craft. There are a number of parts along the flight path in which the craft flew backward with zero or even forward elevator stick input. Yes there was wind but the craft should be able to cope with it. Here is an example.

1578978420590.png

Unfortunately despite multiple occurrences, no solution has been reported so far.

Attachments

• 1578978220225.png
    1578978220225.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member