DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini skins recommendations

thermalflyer

Reactions
I am looking to customize mavic mini . wondering which color combination or skins colors etc will be more visible ?

I am looking to customize mavic mini . wondering which color combination or skins colors etc will be more visible ?
As soon as you apply one you will need to register your drone since you will take the AUW over 250g

So I wouldn't recommend any!

Last edited:
Im looking for a nice color combo as well. From experience, orange is easier for me to see than yellow. A high visibility one would be nice. I dont mind any color as the stock mavic looks bland. Registration is not a problem for me. Although Im excepted from registering as I have BMFA A on Rc Heli, I registered and have my flyer id and operator id. Flyer id is valid for two years while operator id is only valid for 1 year.

Reactions: thermalflyer
After the drone is a couple of hundred feet or more out the skin color won’t be visible. Just pick one you like.
I agree, pick a skin that you enjoy seeing on the ground and at low altitude. My experience, once it becomes a "speck" you will not notice colors. If you are considering color for VLOS, you may wish to consider adding LED.
There are a few good vendors that will render with a google search. Wish you well on your flying.

Reactions: JS1600
After the drone is a couple of hundred feet or more out the skin color won’t be visible. Just pick one you like.
True. I've been flying DJI's drab drones since the P1, with the Pacific Northwest's mostly drab skies as the background.
And while the color becomes unrecognizable at a distance, a bright or dark colored speck remains visible a bit farther out than a light colored speck. But at that distance, that speck has no color.
An LED will give you more distance.
And I'm just going to register mine - by the time I get skins, lights, lego figures, etc...
;-)

Reactions: old man mavic
True. I've been flying DJI's drab drones since the P1, with the Pacific Northwest's mostly drab skies as the background.
And while the color becomes unrecognizable at a distance, a bright or dark colored speck remains visible a bit farther out than a light colored speck. But at that distance, that speck has no color.
An LED will give you more distance.
And I'm just going to register mine - by the time I get skins, lights, lego figures, etc...
;-)
the first skin i had on my MPP was like something out of star trek ,it looked like a space ship,it was fine if there was sky behind it ,but if i dropped down into a valley from a high home point, then it was so like the background that it was no longer visible ,after a few months i decided on the bright orange, and that made all the difference it stands out against a dark backdrop

Reactions: WooZie and Torque
Yes, background makes a difference. Sky with much altitude, not so much. I have a red MA that is easier to spot against the pine tree forest I fly in. I bet that new bright orange skin will improve visibility. Enjoy your flying.

Yes, background makes a difference. Sky with much altitude, not so much. I have a red MA that is easier to spot against the pine tree forest I fly in. I bet that new bright orange skin will improve visibility. Enjoy your flying.
i always do and you also ,did you see my pics in post #7

Reactions: WooZie
i always do and you also ,did you see my pics in post #7
Yes, that is what I was making reference to. The yellow MM should also help against a dark background.

Yes, that is what I was making reference to. The yellow MM should also help against a dark background.
thats what i thought after the success of the orange on the MPP i thought the yellow would work well

Reactions: WooZie
Reactions: old man mavic
I bought the creative kit for my Mavic Mini, but never applied it to the drone. Lost it on its first flight, and DJI won't replace it, so I still have these stickers. I understand the desire to make it more visible with a striking color, but I am sure that no color could have made any difference in my experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheungy691