DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini video transmission

Davidmito

Reactions
Hi all, hope everyone is keeping well and safe!!
I had my Mini out yesterday. The flight started off fine, pre flights checks etc were all good, plenty of satellite's and wifi signal strong. Flying was great - flew about 1600ft out and back again with no issues. I was flying in a large open field. I then flew in the same direction again and about 200ft away the picture began to freeze and get really laggy...and when I say freeze, it would be for up to 5 seconds (the wifi signal was full). The drone was in LOS so I was able to fly back. I checked the wifi channels and they were all really low and green - so no other wifi traffic. I put a fresh battery in and tried again, same issue...just constant lag, impossible to fly using the video transmission alone.
I also had an issue a few nights ago with the gimble. I took off, done all the pre flight test manoeuvres, then ascended up to about 65ft. The gimble then started rocking, almost as if getting blown about in high wind (which is wasn't), I then got a gimble overload warning. I landed and checked it over. When I tried to calibrate the gimble it would keep saying complete but the camera was at an angle. Took me 3 attempts before it corrected it's self.
Anyone else have similar issues?

Hi all, hope everyone is keeping well and safe!!
I had my Mini out yesterday. The flight started off fine, pre flights checks etc were all good, plenty of satellite's and wifi signal strong. Flying was great - flew about 1600ft out and back again with no issues. I was flying in a large open field. I then flew in the same direction again and about 200ft away the picture began to freeze and get really laggy...and when I say freeze, it would be for up to 5 seconds (the wifi signal was full). The drone was in LOS so I was able to fly back. I checked the wifi channels and they were all really low and green - so no other wifi traffic. I put a fresh battery in and tried again, same issue...just constant lag, impossible to fly using the video transmission alone.
I also had an issue a few nights ago with the gimble. I took off, done all the pre flight test manoeuvres, then ascended up to about 65ft. The gimble then started rocking, almost as if getting blown about in high wind (which is wasn't), I then got a gimble overload warning. I landed and checked it over. When I tried to calibrate the gimble it would keep saying complete but the camera was at an angle. Took me 3 attempts before it corrected it's self.
Anyone else have similar issues?
Hi....My first post here....I thought I'd join as having no end of issues with the mini ( since installing the most recent firmware.)
The most annoying is as you have described with the unbelievably laggy video feed ( which didn't happen before the update ).
I live in the country, in the middle of nowhere. Ive not had the video laggyness thing ever happen at less than a good couple of thousand feet away. But now its laggy
as soon as it takes off. Cant help thinking its something to do with the firmware update. I'd like to find an answer too.

Hi....My first post here....I thought I'd join as having no end of issues with the mini ( since installing the most recent firmware.)
The most annoying is as you have described with the unbelievably laggy video feed ( which didn't happen before the update ).
I live in the country, in the middle of nowhere. Ive not had the video laggyness thing ever happen at less than a good couple of thousand feet away. But now its laggy
as soon as it takes off. Cant help thinking its something to do with the firmware update. I'd like to find an answer too.
I have not had mine out since. Hopefully if the weather is ok I'll take it out again on Friday. What other issues have you been having?

I have just refreshed the firmware via the Mavic assistant on both mini and controller. Off out now to give it a test. I'll let you know how I get on.

Ok apparent success !!
After the updates were refreshed I calibrated the compass and IMU and set off. No lag on video feed, no errors at all. Good distance flight with no problems.
Here's a pic of where I'm flying.
coastline_edited.jpg

So to share my experience with the update I'll list the problems and what I did:

1. Motor speed error and beeping rear left motor: Changed the props for a new rear set.....solved with no more errors.
After a you tube search, I narrowed it down to a warped blade due to how the mini was stored in the fly more hard case. ( keep the blades away from the underside restraint block )
2. Max flight distance reached at about 50ft: Not sure but the refreshing of firmware seems to have sorted that.
3. Video feed lag: Made more space on phone ( in case that was slowing the actual phone ); Made sure all updates were installed and refreshed on Mavic Assistant 2 for drone and controller.

Fingers crossed thats the problems gone...wow that was frustrating for a while

Hope you get yours sorted too !!

Reactions: Davidmito
Quick update....took it out again with nothing changed and the lag is back.
I've honestly got no idea whats happening.

I might try rolling back to the previous firmware and see if it goes away??

Ok I think I've got it.

In the transmission section of the app: Before you take off try changing to manual and select a higher up band at far right which will change the frequency also.

This got rid of the lag for me.

Don't think you can change it mid flight.

When I had it set to auto and it was lagging away, I landed it and went to the transmission settings and it was auto selected on a red bar with big interference.

I did this on my earlier long flight...that might be it ??

Cheers and good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka