DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini weight carrying capacity?

David Smith

Reactions
Hi all. My Mini now weighs more than it should do. (I've passed the online test) I have added a shroud for the camera that keeps the sun out. An extra bright strobe light. extended height undercarriage frame. And has not made any difference to how this amazing drone flys. Most likely the battery gets used up sooner. But I want to add my GoPro onto the new extra height undercarriage frame. To have the GoPro pointing straight down. This is only to compare the picture quality. And have to say the GoPro will have to be really good to show up the mini camera. So what is the max weight any of you have attached to a Mavic mini?
Dave

32 pounds so far.
cinder-blocks-100825-64_1000.jpg

Just be aware if you add too much, like near / over prop guards weight, you'll have to use payload mode and severely restrict your flight ability with the limitations that kick in.

The shouds / hood are very light, only 4g or so . . . the (any) gopro will certainly push you to well over payload limits.

Not only that, it will severely compromise your flight / aircraft safety, the Mini already has trouble with wind, enough power issues, stress on props, etc.
I'd say ignore the few that I've seen on YT of this, they aren't real world, but 'can it be done' type scenarios.

Thanks for your reply, MAvic_South_oz. Yes, I understand all you are saying. And agree too much extra weight could damage the aircraft. I forgot to mention that I have attached a top-spec strobe. which I guess weighs about the same as a full box of matches. It flys ok with that. Plus I can still see it at 300 ft up.
Dave.In lock down Good old United kingdom. Stay in guys

Reactions: Capt KO
To give you a better idea of comparing when payload kicks in . . . this is required to be used for prop guards, which weight 23.1g per each = 46.2g.
So around that mark the payload needs switching on, limiting flight speed and distance (not sure to what) and also height ASL to 1500m if applicable).

Lightest Gopro would have been the hero 7 white (1080) at ~ 93g, + mount.
More recent Gopros like the hero 7 black are next level weight (4k) 116g + mount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zulu