DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini won’t connect to RC

MMbosspilot

Reactions
Hi there, I bought my Mavic Mini about two weeks ago and everything has been perfect until one day during flight, the drone lost connection from the RC completely and did a failsafe RTH. Since landing I have not been able to successfully link or bind/pair the aircraft to the RC and nothing I’ve done has worked... The drone has not crashed and is practically brand new. Here’s a list of what I’ve tried:
- Recharging all batteries and swapping the one that’s inside the drone.
- Downgrading and re-upgrading the firmware on both the AC and RC.
- Removing the SD Card
- Reformatting the SD Card in a PC.
-Logged out and deleted the DJI Fly app then reinstalled it and logged back in.
- Tried without a phone connection to the RC.
- Tried with a different phone connected to the RC.
- Leaving the drone without a battery installed overnight.
- Pairing through the DJI Fly app.
- Pairing with the physical buttons.

Nothing that I have tried has worked, and when I called the store I purchased it from they had no idea why the Mavic Mini would be doing this. Any help would be much appreciated!

@MMbosspilot have you tried a different cable from the RC and device ,and also try a different SD card

Reactions: PanX
@MMbosspilot have you tried a different cable from the RC and device ,and also try a different SD card
I have tried with a different SD card. I also have tried without an SD card at all. I do not have a different cable but I have tried with a different mobile phone device and even without a phone at all. All of these thing and other combinations have made no difference :(

Reactions: old man mavic
i lost connection to my MM and it was because of the SD card being faulty i had tried all the things you did to no avail
i got mine back ,by first deleting app and reinstalling i then connected the RC to the screen device turned on the app and then started the RC after a few moments i had the RC connected message i then put a new SD card in the drone removed the gimbal clamp and then turned on the drone and waited first the rear lights on the drone were flashing yellow then i got the buzz from the remote and the light turned green and i got the go fly come up on the screen and after touching that it went to the camera view ,i have never had it happen since

i lost connection to my MM and it was because of the SD card being faulty i had tried all the things you did to no avail
i got mine back ,by first deleting app and reinstalling i then connected the RC to the screen device turned on the app and then started the RC after a few moments i had the RC connected message i then put a new SD card in the drone removed the gimbal clamp and then turned on the drone and waited first the rear lights on the drone were flashing yellow then i got the buzz from the remote and the light turned green and i got the go fly come up on the screen and after touching that it went to the camera view ,i have never had it happen since
Just some background information about my issue: when the aircraft is left alone for long periods of time, it will connect with the RC briefly for 5 - 15 seconds and then immediately lose connection completely and the light on the drone will start flashing yellow quickly. This is what happened when I followed your instructions. So nothing new and no success :(

Reactions: old man mavic
Just some background information about my issue: when the aircraft is left alone for long periods of time, it will connect with the RC briefly for 5 - 15 seconds and then immediately lose connection completely and the light on the drone will start flashing yellow quickly. This is what happened when I followed your instructions. So nothing new and no success :(
it would seem that you have a fault somewhere either in the drone or controller

I bought the Mavic Mini yesterday at 6pm (18th 08 2020) I got home excited and tried to set it up.

connected everything up after watching many youtube videos and see that I had fast yellow flashing light, so I thought this looks good, but no matter how hard I tried no connection it said in red letters RC cannot connect to the device and all icons in the top right were red and on the bottom left all map co-ordinates were non-existent.
I spoke with DJI support today he asked me to download DJI assistant 2 and connect the drone there to see if it would connect but nothing so I returned it and got another only to get home and find exactly the same problem.

I have heard some Huawei phones namely the P20 and P30 have issues but mine is a P30 pro and there should be no issues on this phone but that's exactly what's happening and no one can tell me squat.

I have a flight to Italy tomorrow morning which means I cannot return the device unless I take it with me and try to resolve it there which I may have to do,

I was really hoping on a much nicer experience with my first drone but its turning into a nightmare.

I really hope you resolve your issue.

Best regards

Hugh

@MiniMagic Precisely what words are used in the disconnected warning?

For the phone disconnected from the controller I get "RC not connected to m......" I suspect there maybe be more words in that message but my screen is too small to show them.
For no connection between the drone and the controller but, obviously, with the phone connected to the controller I get " Aircraft not connected t..." etc.etc.

Fast flashing yellow from the drone indicates no radio connection between the drone and the controller and, as far as I know, absolutely nothing to do with any connection between the phone and the controller. Indeed the controller can be linked to the drone by appropriate button pushes on both WITHOUT the phone even being connected to the controller.
If you have a persistant fast flashing yellow on the drone and flashing LEDs (the number flashing depends on the state of charge of the battery) on the controller then you need to link the drone to the controller and procedure for both methods of doing that is given in the manual.

I am going through the same problem. The message is...Aircraft not connected to R/C. If it is a bad cable it will say not connected to mobile device. I have had that message and that turned out to be a faulty cable. I have tried different batteries, no SD card, different SD card, iPad,iPhone. It all starts off fine. Everything works but after a while I get the not connected to the R/C message. The last couple of times it has happened I have noticed that the power lights on bottom of Mini are displaying a strange pattern. The first and forth light is on. Trying to turn the Mini off the usual was won’t work. Battery must be removed to turn it off. To turn it back on must wait several minutes. This has never happened in flight.

I am going through the same problem. The message is...Aircraft not connected to R/C. If it is a bad cable it will say not connected to mobile device. I have had that message and that turned out to be a faulty cable. I have tried different batteries, no SD card, different SD card, iPad,iPhone. It all starts off fine. Everything works but after a while I get the not connected to the R/C message. The last couple of times it has happened I have noticed that the power lights on bottom of Mini are displaying a strange pattern. The first and forth light is on. Trying to turn the Mini off the usual was won’t work. Battery must be removed to turn it off. To turn it back on must wait several minutes. This has never happened in flight.
I’ve had similar issues, ordered a new cable. Looks like the iPhone also doesn’t see the RC connection as a data source and just uses it for power. I read that using the RC to charge the iPhone can be disabled somewhere but I’ve not discovered how to do that yet.

This is still an issue going on with me. So bad I can’t fly at all I get everything setup and ready to take off but get the message that A/C not connected to remote. I have like others tried everything you can think of. I have even tried a different remote. I hooked it up to the DJI assistant and it shut off while refreshing the firmware. Sending it back to DJI support again for repair.

Having the same issue. Actually sent it back for repair, no fault was noted with the craft. Got it back in post today, opened it up and it still wouldn’t connect to the controller...infuriating!

I’m having the same issue. Had the mini new in July, one day went to fly it (never crashed it) and RC wouldn’t connect to the craft.
I tried resets, new firmware, online assistance and then ended up sending it to the Netherlands for repair...they didn’t identify any issue.
After it not working for longer than it has been, I finally got it back today. Tried to pair it and...nothing...same issue.
When I plugged it into my PC before I got a ‘New Device Connected’ notification, it doesn’t even do that any more. I’m very annoyed that no issue was found - how!!??

Can yu verify that you did not accidentally destroy the controller's usb port? Maybe a shortcircuit there can cause all these. Did you try to bind the craft with another controller?

Did you send both the AC and RC to DJI or just the AC? If just the AC, the RC could be defective. Besides, when you only send the AC for repair, you have to re-bind your RC to the AC, since they used their RC to test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_