DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini won't run Litchi (Android Beta) mission

LifesShort

Reactions
I just purchased Litchi and downloaded the Android Beta version. It works fine in FPV mode. I created a couple of very simple missions using Litchi Hub. I can open the mission in Litchi and click the run arrow. It will ask me which waypoint I want to begin at and when I tell it to run the mission, it says something like "loading of mission failed." I'm running Litchi on a Lenovo M8 FHD tablet. The tablet is running Android 9, has 3GB RAM. This table doesn't have any problem running any other app, including Dronelink.

Does anyone have any suggests on what I might try? I have submitted this same question to Litchi support, but haven't received an answer. In fairness to them, it has only been a few hours, so I really wouldn't expect that they would have answered by now. I just thought I'd reach out to the knowledge base here.

I just purchased Litchi and downloaded the Android Beta version. It works fine in FPV mode. I created a couple of very simple missions using Litchi Hub. I can open the mission in Litchi and click the run arrow. It will ask me which waypoint I want to begin at and when I tell it to run the mission, it says something like "loading of mission failed." I'm running Litchi on a Lenovo M8 FHD tablet. The tablet is running Android 9, has 3GB RAM. This table doesn't have any problem running any other app, including Dronelink.

Does anyone have any suggests on what I might try? I have submitted this same question to Litchi support, but haven't received an answer. In fairness to them, it has only been a few hours, so I really wouldn't expect that they would have answered by now. I just thought I'd reach out to the knowledge base here.
There are a couple of threads about this. Waypoints built with Litchi are not supported at this time by the mini. You get the error when trying to execute. Litchi is saying it MIGHT be available in the future.

There has been a recent update with the iOS beta test version which has a few improvements, some include the mini. Don't know if the Android version also has the same update. Check out other threads for the changes. No waypoints yet.

Reactions: LifesShort
There are a couple of threads about this. Waypoints built with Litchi are not supported at this time by the mini. You get the error when trying to execute. Litchi is saying it MIGHT be available in the future.

There has been a recent update with the iOS beta test version which has a few improvements, some include the mini. Don't know if the Android version also has the same update. Check out other threads for the changes. No waypoints yet.

Thanks. I knew that, but somehow forgot all about it. That's why I bought Dronelink to begin with. I guess I just had an old man brain fart! Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Thanks. I knew that, but somehow forgot all about it. That's why I bought Dronelink to begin with. I guess I just had an old man brain fart! Thanks for the reminder.
I too am having problems juggling the new app and what each do and how they do it. In addition to DJI FLY, I'm trying to figure out Litchi, Dronelinks and Red Waypoints. You can teach an old dog new tricks but you have to teach me again the next day...

Same for me. I now know that waypoint missions and orbit do not yet work on the Litchi beta for android but they don't tell you that. I'm still playing with Dronelink for waypoints and so far so good.

Reactions: LifesShort
Waypoints built with Litchi are not supported at this time by the mini.

And there's no guarantee that they ever will be. Litchi have only said that they'll look in to possibly adding them sometime in the future

Nothings certain of course, but I think it is fair to assume it will be since all the programming is there right up to the point of actual execution. Why would they even include this on the beta if not to be working on the implementation?

Why would they even include this on the beta if not to be working on the implementation?

Because the app, including the beta, is not just for the Mini but has a common UI for all supported drones (some of which already have a waypoint capability). Litchi can currently upload waypoint missions to drones which support this capability but would probably have to be rewritten to use the "virtual stick" method of controlling waypoints on the Mini (the method successfully used by Dronelink).

Because the app, including the beta, is not just for the Mini but has a common UI for all supported drones (some of which already have a waypoint capability). Litchi can currently upload waypoint missions to drones which support this capability but would probably have to be rewritten to use the "virtual stick" method of controlling waypoints on the Mini (the method successfully used by Dronelink).
I think they will disappoint a great many mini flyers if they don't do it, i'll keep my fingers crossed

I believe that they will do it. The reason is simple: the Mini is an entry level drone that will lead to most people buying a more expensive and capable drone. If people don't have the option of running missions on the Mini using Litchi, then they will buy Dronelink. Once they upgrade to a more a higher level drone, they will stick with Dronelink. Dronelink will work with the higher level drone so no need to by another piece of software. Plus, they already know how to use Dronelink. Why invest in Litchi when they already have a product that works and works well? I think that Litchi's hand will be forced and they will have to include waypoint functionality for the Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf