DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic movement

adrstuart

Reactions
Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

When the Mavic is at low levels the Mavic is steady and can't detect any left or right movement from the screen.

When I get to anything above 100feet, if I let the Mavic hover, I can notice the camera move ever so slightly left or right. The camera will move continuously until I yaw left or right against the movement. If I let the Mavic hover again, the movement starts again. I have done a compass and IMU calibration and still get the same movement.

Could high winds cause the movement? I thought the Mavic would counter act the wind to avoid too much movement

Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

When the Mavic is at low levels the Mavic is steady and can't detect any left or right movement from the screen.

When I get to anything above 100feet, if I let the Mavic hover, I can notice the camera move ever so slightly left or right. The camera will move continuously until I yaw left or right against the movement. If I let the Mavic hover again, the movement starts again. I have done a compass and IMU calibration and still get the same movement.

Could high winds cause the movement? I thought the Mavic would counter act the wind to avoid too much movement

Offhand I'd guess at 100' there is wind and it is changing direction slightly, back and forth. So the MP yaws to correct for that and the smoothing for the camera yaw gimbal is slowly catching up - it's nicely damped so you don't get jarring starts and stops to yaw movements.

You'll probably see this at any altitude in wind if the observing conditions are right.

As to the wheel error ... you can attempt the controller calibration. The only time I tried it it took half a dozen attempts before a full calibration would complete. Frustrating. (I may have heard that that has been fixed - not sure). And yes, that too may account for the camera movement.

Reactions: adrstuart
Offhand I'd guess at 100' there is wind and it is changing direction slightly, back and forth. So the MP yaws to correct for that and the smoothing for the camera yaw gimbal is slowly catching up - it's nicely damped so you don't get jarring starts and stops to yaw movements.

You'll probably see this at any altitude in wind if the observing conditions are right.

As to the wheel error ... you can attempt the controller calibration. The only time I tried it it took half a dozen attempts before a full calibration would complete. Frustrating. (I may have heard that that has been fixed - not sure). And yes, that too may account for the camera movement.

Thanks Alan!

Mine drifts right or left as well when I hover. However...I did start noticing this only after I tweaked my settings for cinematic shots. Maybe the wind is causing a drift and my slowed down gimbal speed is trying to catch up. Hmmm...have me wondering now. I thought it was the Mavic drifting, but I guess it could just be the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird